Orlando is a fun place to be with all its parks, restaurants, and other attractions, but the drives to and from can be long and trying with all the local traffic. Here at Toyota of Orlando, we want you to have fun from the second you open your car door whether you’re headed for some fun in the sun or dropping the kids off at school, so here’s a list of our favorite car games.
Check out our top picks for entertaining car games
- The Alphabet Game – Point out road signs in alphabetical order by each one’s first word.
- Punch Buggy – Ah, what a classic fun family car game. Whenever you see a Volkswagen Beetle, be the first to yell, “PUNCH BUGGY!!!” and earn the right to hit anyone and everyone in the car with you. Bonus points for adding “no punch backs” to your war cry and attaining immunity from getting a self-defense punch back from fellow players.
- 21 Questions – Pick an object/person/place/etc. and have passengers ask basic “yes or no” questions to determine what you’ve chosen. Laugh maniacally when they can’t figure it out in 21 questions or less. Laugh even harder at all their ridiculous wrong guesses.
- Out-of-State License Plate – A spin on the classic Punch Buggy, only this time, you hit your companions when you spot a license plate from outside of your home state or trip origin.
- Car Bingo – Make a list of objects that you expect to come across during your road trip (i.e. cows, a mall, or a river) and lay them out onto a bingo card. Cross items off as you pass them and see who makes the right pattern first!
- I Spy – Pick any random, visible object inside or outside of the car and offer your friends clues as to what it is. Additional option: let them know if they’re getting closer or further from the right answer by responding “warmer” or “colder” to their guesses.
- Name that Tune – Play a snippet of a song and see who can guess the title and/or artist first. Bonus points if you start the song at a weird spot or if a player can also name the song’s album or year of release.
- I’m Going on a Picnic – A game for the intellectual. Each player says, “I going on a picnic, and I’m going to bring…” and then names a food starting with each consecutive letter of the alphabet. But there’s a catch. As you move on to the next letter, you must repeat every other food in alphabetical order that came before.
Get family road trip tips from Toyota of Orlando
- Cemetery – Hold your breath when passing a cemetery to ward off spirits from hitching a ride in your car.
- Tunnel Game – See who can hold their breath from one end of a tunnel to the other.
- Bridge Feet – When crossing a bridge, passengers lift their feet off the floor of the car to poke fun at the idea of the bridge collapsing and everyone cannon-balling into the water below.
Happy trails from Toyota of Orlando!