Football season is finally here! UCF just had an amazing season opener, so the morale and excitement of fans are high. The next time you can see the Knights play at the Spectrum Stadium in Orlando is just a little over a week away! If you want to take the football experience to the next level, tailgating is a great way to do that! Toyota of Orlando wants to make sure your Toyota tailgating experience is a great one. That’s why we’ve put together some tips that you should follow.
How to prepare your car in Orlando
Before you head out to celebrate with fellow fans, you need to make sure your car is ready for your tailgating plans. Make sure your car is prepped with the following Orlando auto service tips:
- Fill up the tank –Traffic after a big game can be a nightmare here in Orlando. We recommend filling up your tank in advance so you won’t have to worry about it on the way home.
- Check your oil –If you’re overdue for an oil change, make sure you get it done before you start tailgating this fall! This will keep your engine healthy for most, if not all, of the current football season!
- Check the battery – The last thing you’ll want to have to deal with is a dead battery when you’re trying to get home. Make sure you have a battery in good condition before you head to a game.
- Figure out if you can tow – If you want to bring a big load with you to the game, make sure your car can handle towing! Our Toyota experts will be sure to let you know what your towing limits should be.
Stay safe while tailgating
- Know how to unload – When you’re unloading your car in your designated spot in Orlando; make sure you have enough room for your gear. If you’re grilling before the game, be sure to place your grill at least six feet away from your car to avoid injuries and damage.
- Stay hydrated – It can still be pretty hot on game days in Orlando despite fall being right around the corner. Make sure you drink plenty of water and apply sunscreen to protect your skin.
- Keep trash altogether – It’s best to keep your trash all together throughout tailgating. That way, materials like glass have a lower chance of causing damage to other tailgaters and tires.
- Lock your car – You may be tempted to keep your car idling throughout tailgating to play your favorite game day playlist. We strongly advise against that! Not only does it waste gas, it puts wear and tear on your car. With your car off, make sure you keep it locked so that any valuables inside of your car are safe.
Is it time to trade in your current vehicle for one more appropriate for the tailgating season? Visit Toyota of Orlando today to check out our selection of new and used models. We’re located at 3575 Vineland Road just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall.