It seems like Toyota has been celebrating quite a few milestones lately. The Toyota Corolla recently hit its 50-year mark, and now is the time to celebrate another anniversary. The Toyota Prius was the world’s first mass-produced hybrid passenger vehicle. It may seem like it was yesterday, but the Prius has officially been on the road for 20 years. Toyota of Orlando is here to tell you all you need to know about the Toyota Prius.
20 years of Toyota Prius features
You may be wondering how much impact 20 years of the Toyota Prius can truly have. Well, in the two decades since its release to the market, the volume of gasoline saved by Toyota green cars could have taken us over 1.5 million round trips around the earth and the moon! These 10 million hybrids have saved an estimated 77 million tons of CO2!
How is that possible? It’s thanks to the Toyota technology that is inside each and every one of the Toyota hybrids in Orlando. Some additional ways that Toyota hybrids have made a difference include:
- Reduction in ground-level ozone – Hybrid cars like the ones you can find at our Orlando dealership reduce the exhaust emissions that cause low levels of ozone found in cities. Hybrids use up to 90% fewer emissions than conventional cars!
- Reduction of CO2 emissions – Especially when driving rurally, the hybrid’s economic engine emits much less CO2 gas than other vehicles. That’s because the hybrid uses both an electric motor and its engine when performing tasks such as climbing hills or accelerating. This means that the engine doesn’t have to do all the work, thus creating less CO2 gas.
- Mitigation of air pollution – Thanks to all of the amazing technology that is implemented into hybrid cars, they use less fuel than a conventional car. Not only does this save you money thanks to a higher mpg, it releases fewer pollutants into the atmosphere!
Let’s take a look at what the Toyota Prius has to offer that makes it the essential hybrid vehicle:
Environmentally friendly features:
- 54 mpg in the city and 50 mpg on the highway
- Six available trim levels including the Two Eco
- Three drive modes including EV and ECO
- JBL GreenEdge Speakers that consume less power than other speakers in its class
Find your dream hybrid car at Toyota of Orlando
In addition to the Toyota Prius, there are tons of other hybrid vehicles to choose from at our Orlando car inventory. So if you want something a bit different than the classic Prius, we have you covered. Some fan favorites include the following:
- The Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
- The Toyota Prius c
- The Toyota Prius v
Come to Toyota of Orlando to test drive a Toyota Prius today! You can schedule a test drive in advance by calling us at (407) 298-4500. We’re located at 3575 Vineland Road, just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall.