Have you been thinking about picking up carpooling when school starts? It might seem like a lot of work at first, but trust us; carpooling in Orlando can be beneficial to you in tons of different ways. You can save time, money, gas and reduce your carbon footprint! If there is a carpool being set up in your community, we suggest giving it a shot! Before you do, Toyota of Orlando recommends following these tips to make the experience even more beneficial.
Enjoy the ease of carpooling with these tips!
Carpooling may seem intimidating at first. However, with these tips, you’ll be a pro navigating through Orlando with a car full of passengers in no time!
Keep your car in good shape
- Making sure you’re up to date with your Orlando auto service – If there’s anything that you’ve been putting off auto-service wise, make sure to get it down before your start carpooling!
- Keep getting your routine maintenance – Even if you aren’t driving as much, make sure to get routine maintenance performed on your car. This includes tire rotations, oil changes, and more!
Plan ahead and organize
- Keep your ride clean inside and out – Make sure to follow some simple auto detailing tips to keep your car clean when you carpool.
- Establish rules before you drive – Make sure that everyone inside of the vehicle knows how to act while they are in your car. That way you can lower the chance of distractions occurring while you drive.
- Keep a contact list and schedule – You’ll want to have a contact list of the parents of all the children in your carpool. That way you can stay in contact with them in case any changes are being made. Also, know what time you’re supposed to pick everyone up.
Always practice safe driving
- Keep everyone buckled up – If your car only has five seat belts; make sure you only have five passengers. And if some of your passengers require car seats, be sure to have the right kind and have them securely buckled in.
- Always drive safely – Make sure to always follow the rules of the road and utilize your defensive driving skills
Find the perfect vehicle for carpooling in Orlando
If your car can barely fit one child in the back, let alone multiple children, maybe it’s time to find something with more room? Toyota of Orlando has a great selection of vehicles that are perfect for carpooling! Some of our favorites include:
- The Toyota Highlander
- The Toyota RAV4
- The Toyota Sienna
- The Toyota 4Runner
Do you want to schedule a test drive or see our inventory of new Toyota vehicle? Visit us any day of the week! Toyota of Orlando is open until 10 p.m. and we’re open rain or shine! We’re located at 3575 Vineland Road just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall.