Summer is in full swing in Central Florida and temps are well into the 100’s with the heat index… and unfortunately, we’ve got about another month at least of major heat. Are you looking to head out to a dealership and get into a new ride? Whether you’re going to visit us at Toyota of Orlando or check out another make, we have tips to make car shopping in the heat of the summer a bit more bearable. Let’s get started!
Beat the heat this summer at Toyota of Orlando
1. Do your research at home. You should definitely make your lists and outline criteria for your car – we’re talking must-have features, budget, etc. – but did you know you can also view all of our inventory online? Shop from the air-conditioned comfort of your couch and find the models you want to take for a test drive. Trust us, you’ll enjoy car shopping a lot more if you do it this way than if you have to come walk the lot in the humidity.
2. Call Toyota of Orlando ahead of time to make a car shopping appointment. This is where planning will come into play. Try to shop when it’s a) Not too busy at the dealership and b) Not that hot outside. We recommend weekday mornings and nights when the heat has faded a little and it’s a little slower inside the dealership. Evenings and weekends are typically busier so you may have to wait longer, which means more time out in the sun scoping your ride.
3. Stay hydrated. Bring water along with you when you head out to our Orlando Toyota dealership, or take advantage of the cafe that we have located next to our waiting area. They serve all kinds of refreshing, cold drinks plus snacks to keep you energized during the process.
Learn how to handle car shopping when temperatures are high
4. Dress appropriately. You’ll be spending at least part of your car shopping experience outside as you check out your possible Orlando Toyota and take it for a test drive. Wear light-colored, loose-fitting clothing, comfortable shoes, sunglasses, and a hat. And don’t forget the sunscreen – you can quickly become burned in the heat of the day.
5. Watch the weather. Central Florida is notorious for strong afternoon thunderstorms and the last thing you want to is car shop in rain, wind, and lightning. If storms are in the forecast, consider postponing your trip, at least until later in the evening. Remember, the storms are fast and furious and tend to leave pretty quickly.
6. Be aware of how you feel. If you’re out on the lot at Toyota of Orlando and you start feeling weak, dizzy, or unwell, go inside to get a dose of air-conditioning and some cold water. If the feeling persists, consider seeking medical attention. Our staff is here to help you contact whoever you need!
Ready to schedule your car shopping appointment? Call Toyota of Orlando today at (407) 298-4500. We’re open seven days a week until 10pm so you can find the perfect appointment for your summertime needs!