It’s definitely beach season! Summer is in full swing here in Orlando, and we know you’re itching to get your toes in the water. That’s why today, we’re talking Toyota of Orlando travel tips to help you get over to the coast and make the most of your time there. Let’s get started!
We’ve got travel tips to make your beach days the best yet
Tip #1: Plan your day, including your destination! We know we’re always telling you to plan things, but it really is helpful if you know how you’re going to get to the coast, which beach you’re going to go to, and where you’re going to park. No one wants to waste time on a beach day trying to find the sand or circling for an hour trying to locate parking. That’s why this is our number one travel tip!
Tip #2: Prep your car. Is your ride ready to head to the coast and take on the highway? Make sure your tires are properly inflated, your oil and coolant reservoirs are full, and that your brakes and battery are in the best condition. You should also take precautions if you’re going to be driving on the sand. A lot of drivers actually let some air out of their tires when driving on soft sand in order to give their tires more surface area and thus, better traction. However, remember to fill them up again before you hit the highway for home!
Tip #3: Know how to drive on the sand. This is a travel tip of big-time importance – you don’t want to get stuck in soft sand. Remember to take things slowly, avoid slamming on the gas and brakes, and take wide turns – sharp turns will likely lead to your tires digging into the sand. You may want to keep some old cardboard in your trunk to assist you if you do end up getting stuck in the sand.
Use our Orlando Toyota beach hacks to keep things simple!
Here are a few more Orlando Toyota travel tips to make your beach day that much better:
- To get sandy feet clean, keep an extra bottle of water and a clean towel on hand. You can also dust baby powder on your feet and brush them off before you get in the car!
- Consider a trunk or cargo space tote to keep sand out of your car – you can stack your beach gear it in and simply empty all the sand out when you get home. No vacuuming required!
- Bring extra ziploc bags to store your electronics and keep them dry and sand-free. You can also put ice packs in plastic bags so when they thaw out, they don’t get everything else wet.
- When you take off your sandals, place them face-down on the sand so they don’t burn you when you put them back on.
- Use a fitted sheet as your beach blanket – put something in each corner and fold the sides up to prevent sand from blowing in.
For more Toyota of Orlando beach hacks and travel tips, give us a shout! We’re open until 10pm at (407) 298-4500. Happy beach days!