Have you ever fantasized about hitting a switch in your car that will take you airborn and jet you right over Orlando congestion on the I-4? You’re not the only one… and it could be a possibility sooner than you think. Toyota has vowed to engineer and build a flying car by the end of 2018, just in time to debut at the Tokyo Olympics! They’re hoping to use it to light the Olympic flame that summer to kick off the international event.
Toyota to debut flying concept car at Olympics
We don’t have a whole lot of information on this innovative Toyota concept, but here are the specs we’ve gotten so far:
- The car will be just 9.5 feet by 4.3 feet (so a one person, obviously) – which would make it the smallest flying car out there
- A team of engineers at Cartivator, a Japanese-based firm, is working on the project
- The Toyota concept will use jet-propelled technology, sort of like a drone, to get off the ground
- It should be able to soar up to 33 feet above the pavement and maintain a top projected speed of 62 mpg
Our Orlando Toyota dealership can’t wait to see what these engineers come up with!
Check out Toyota of Orlando’s favorite new concepts
However, a flying car isn’t the only cool Toyota concept car out there. Check out some of the other ones we’re fans of here at Toyota of Orlando.
Toyota FT-4X: This Toyota concept SUV is a four-door crossover with four-wheel drive capabilities, as well as unique and large approach and departure angles. You’ll also find rugged tires, cargo secure points on the interior, and a multi-hatch rear door. Basically, it’s the perfect ride for drivers who want to be able to take things on and off the pavement!
Toyota Concept-i: This incredible concept car is based all around the driver – in other words, you! It’s got smart technology woven into its futuristic design; the vehicle actually gets to know you the more you drive it, and then execute actions according to your mood and emotions. It analyzes how you’re feeling and reacts with music, lighting, and atmospheric changes. You’ll also have the option of letting it take the wheel – literally. It can become a self-driving car if the need arises!
And if it’s top technology you’re looking for, you’ll find it right here at Toyota of Orlando without having to wait for a concept car. Here are some of the coolest features you’ll find up for grabs on our new Toyota cars:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection
- Head up display
- Remote controlled air conditioning
- JBL audio system with touchscreen interfaces
- Multi-terrain monitor
- Bird’s Eye View camera
- Qi wireless charging for cell phones
- Rear seat Blu Ray entertainment system
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control