Summer is here! And along with it come Love Bugs, intense heat, harsh UV rays, and plenty of pollen. It’s important to protect your car from all of these elements as things heat up outside so you have a safe driving experience, and also to keep the resale value of your ride nice and high. Toyota of Orlando’s service center has auto detailing tips to help you beat the heat this summer and keep your ride looking like-new. Let’s get started!
Auto detailing can keep your resale value high this summer
Love Bugs: Love Bugs are more of a nuisance than anything when you’re out and about, but if you drive through a cloud of them and they hit the front of your car, they can actually do quite a bit of damage to your paint in a very short time. That’s why it’s important to get them off of your car as quickly as you can! A simple Orlando Toyota auto detailing tip: invest in some dryer sheets. You’ll rinse the front of your car and then use a wet dryer sheet to scrub the Love Bugs off – it’s a lot easier than using a sponge with soap and will not damage your car’s paint. Keep rinsing and scrubbing until they’re all gone!
Pollen: Pollen not only looks disgusting on your car, but also can damage your paint AND exacerbate your allergies. The best way to do away with pollen is to set up auto detailing regularly – particularly, washing your car. A thorough wash will remove all traces of pollen until the next time around. Rain may help, but typically doesn’t get all of the pollen off and just leaves unsightly streaks on your paint. Wash your car bi-weekly in the summer and apply a coat of wax to keep a barrier in between your car’s paint and the pollen.
Don’t let the Florida sunshine ruin your ride
Heat: Heat can quickly damage your ride, especially at the levels at which we experience it here in Orlando. Here are some quick auto detailing tips to help protect your car from it:
- Polish any leather surfaces in your car to prevent cracking
- Leave windows cracked (but check the weather for rain!) when you park to let hot air out
- Check your tire PSI often, as well as the condition of the tires
- Stay on top of routine Orlando car maintenance to keep everything under the hood in good shape
Sun: The sun gets intense here in Central Florida and can do a lot of damage both inside and out of your car. Here are our top tips for protecting your car from the sun:
- Apply wax to protect your ride from UV rays
- Park in the shade and use a windshield screen to keep UV rays from fading the seats and dash
- Tint your windows
- Don’t wash your ride when it’s very hot and sunny – it causes the water to evaporate more quickly, leaving your paint looking blotchy
Want more tips or to schedule auto detailing for your car? Call Toyota of Orlando today at (407) 298-4500!