The Orlando Toyota Land Cruiser definitely has it all. It’s got style – lots and lots of polished, sophisticated style – that’s infused with top performance, amazing technology, and all of the safety features you could possibly want. However, just when we thought this new Toyota SUV couldn’t get any better, Toyota goes and ups the ante. A new custom Toyota Land Cruiser has officially been named the fastest SUV in the world!
Get under the hood of the fastest SUV in the world – the Toyota Land Cruiser!
Before you decide to trade in your current ride, we have some oh-so-sad news – this new Toyota SUV was a concept ride created for SEMA last year, so it won’t be hitting the lot of our Orlando Toyota dealership anytime soon. (The original model, however, is ready and waiting for you).
So what makes this Orlando Toyota so fast that it can hit speeds of up to 220 mph? Here are some of the specs we pulled from it:
- It has a stock engine that was modified to churn out 2,000 horsepower (a pretty big upgrade from the original 268 horsepower it typically provides).
- Everything on the SUV was strengthened and reinforced to be able to take the high speeds and enormous power that the car puts out
- It has a custom racing transmission (obviously the original couldn’t handle that type of exponential horsepower)
- The Toyota Land Cruiser was lowered immensely for this concept, merely because it’s going to be traveling so fast and the designers wanted to reduce the amount of airflow under the bottom
- It’s rocking Garrett turbochargers for that extra boost to hit the 2,000 hp mark
- New Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires were tacked on to help with better handling
And how do we know this Toyota SUV can really hit such high speeds? A demonstration, of course! Retired NASCAR driver Carl Edwards got behind the wheel to hit the track at the Mojave Air and Space Port in California, using the runway as their test space. Edwards managed to get this incredible concept SUV up to a speed of 230.02 mph by the end of the day!
Take the original Orlando Toyota SUV for a spin today
However, like we said – this was a custom job created solely for SEMA 2016, so we won’t be seeing this super-fast SUV on our lot anytime in the near future. That doesn’t mean you can’t get your hands on an incredible original model, though. Check out some of our favorite features on the 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser!
- A 5.7L V8 engine that allows you to tow up to 8,100 pounds
- Seating for up to eight inside on premium leather seats
- Entune Premium Audio with a JBL entertainment system
- An enhanced Multi-Terrain Monitor
- A rear-seat DVD entertainment system with wireless headphones
- Qi wireless charging for smartphones
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Roof racks and a rear spoiler for added style
And so much more.
Get your hands on this hot new SUV – come down to Toyota of Orlando to test drive it today! We’re conveniently located just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall at 3575 Vineland Road. We’re open seven days a week until 10pm, so come see us!