When you think of Toyota, you probably don’t think of green. Maybe the ever-popular Toyota Camry comes to mind (it IS the best-selling car in the nation, after all). Maybe you think of the versatile Toyota Tacoma, which is a favorite for off-road enthusiasts who also want an element of practicality. Or maybe you even think of the Toyota Prius, which is the hybrid innovator that started it all. But the hybrid car isn’t where it ends when it comes to Toyota being green, and our Orlando Toyota dealership is here to share with you all the ways that this global company is helping to make our planet just a little bit cleaner!
Green Toyota initiatives help make our planet a better place
How does Toyota do its part for Mother Earth? Here are some quick facts on the green Toyota initiative:
- In the 2015 calendar year, 96% of their non-regulated waste was reduced, reused, or recycled.
- 10 North American plants earned Conversation Certifications from the Wildlife Habitat Council.
- Toyota saved 99.8 million gallons of water in 2016.
- In 2016, Toyota was awarded the 12th consecutive Energy Star Partner of the Year award from the US EPA. Why? Because they showed sustained excellence in energy management.
- In 2016, Toyota was named the WasteWise Very Large Business Partner of the Year by the US EPA because of their concerted efforts to reduce waste, purchase eco-friendly products, and increase recycling.
- At 11 plants, Toyota added new pollinator gardens to protect the monarch butterfly.
- They also partnered with California dealerships to educate customers about water waste and conservation, which led to them reducing water use by over 8 million gallons
But is doesn’t stop there. Did you know that there are 14 different green Toyota drive time options for sale in North America along? Here’s what will be available to you if you want to move into a hybrid model at Toyota of Orlando:
- Toyota Prius
- Toyota Prius c
- Toyota Prius v
- Toyota Prius Prime
- Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
- Toyota Avalon Hybrid
- Toyota Camry Hybrid
- Toyota Highlander Hybrid
These green Toyota hybrids cumulatively account for over 2 million cars on the road, and have prevented around 67 million tons of harmful, smog-forming emissions from entering the air. Not only that, they save natural resources by requiring less gas to run (and they simultaneously do your budget a favor, too). Why not test drive one at Toyota of Orlando today?
Test drive a new hybrid car at Toyota of Orlando
And don’t forget, Toyota also produces the green Toyota Mirai. This fuel cell vehicle uses hydrogen converted into electricity to power itself, and it releases only water vapor into the air for zero emissions.
Toyota is also invested in key partnerships to make our planet a better place – two of their big-time partners include the Wyland Foundation (a foundation that makes concerted efforts in water conservation) and National Public Lands Day (Toyota serves as the official corporate sponsor for this day when volunteers across the nation come together to restore and rehab public lands from coast to coast).
Are you ready to go green and join Toyota in helping our planet? Come down to Toyota of Orlando and get behind the wheel of one of our green Toyota cars. We’re open seven days a week until 10pm at 3575 Vineland Road!