Valentine’s Day is less than a week away! Whether you’re spending it with your significant other or making it a family affair, it’s always fun to establish new traditions to carry out year over year. Our Orlando Toyota dealership has a few suggestions… check it out!
- Make a special Valentine’s breakfast. You know where we’re headed with this one – why not make heart-shaped pancakes and top them with whipped cream and fresh strawberries? You can even go the healthy route if you’re watching what you eat and make whole-wheat pancakes. The shape and the red color of the fruit will put you in a festive mood before you even leave the house! Plus, this is a family activity that everyone can get involved in. If your mornings are too busy to make it happen, have breakfast for dinner!
- Decorate the house. A great (and affordable) way to decorate is to save your valentines from previous years and put them up on display; the bargain bins at Target also offer a great solution if you want cute decorations that won’t break the bank.
- Make DIY valentines. Sure, it’s easy to buy a box of valentines, address the envelopes, and call it a day, but it’s fun to DIY them and it’s also a great way to get kids more excited about the holiday. All you need is scissors, construction paper, candy, and markers; if you want to get fancy, you can always incorporate baked goods in individual bags with cards attached. Letting your kids take the wheel on this project is also an excellent way to have them work on spelling and handwriting!
- Get outside. Restaurants are notoriously packed on Valentine’s Day, so why not pack a picnic and hit the park? We’re supposed to have extremely pleasant weather next week here in the City Beautiful, so grab your picnic basket or a bag of takeout and head to Lake Eola, Crane’s Roost, or Lake Lily and soak up some sunshine and fresh air. You’ll be able to avoid crowds and get a little more quality time with your loved ones.
- Make an “I love you because…” book. Whether you make one for your kids, with your kids, or for your significant other, this is a great way to make those Valentine’s Day memories last if you don’t want to have all of your old cards laying around. You can make it by hand, or design it online and have it shipped to your house for convenience!
- Serve up some festive sweet treats. You can make red velvet cake pops, heart-shaped brownies, white chocolate hot chocolate (with pink food coloring of course) to get everyone in the holiday spirit and make after-dinner time special!
From our family to yours, happy Valentine’s Day!