Shopping for a family car?
When you’re toting precious cargo around town, you want the best of the best. And luckily for you, we have the best family cars right here at Toyota of Orlando! KBB.com just released their list of the best family cars of 2017, and two of our new Toyota options made the cut. The 2017 Toyota Highlander and Toyota Sienna made the cut, and we’re not surprised in the lease bit. These family-friendly Orlando Toyota vehicles are perfect for getting around town, out of town, and everything in between!
Our best family cars offer SUV and minivan options
Why did these Toyota of Orlando vehicles make the list for best family cars? KBB.com compiled the list based on:
- Safety: Every vehicle on the list had a 5-star NHTSA rating AND has the safety technology you need for peace of mind in your drive time.
- Value: KBB looks at the ownership costs for five years for the vehicles, taking into consideration things like insurance costs, maintenance costs, fuel costs, and resale value.
- Driving manners: Each vehicle on the list must brake, accelerate, and turn smoothly, as well as have excellent visibility and be easy to maneuver in a parking lot.
- Comfort/convenience: Every best family car on this year’s list has to have a comfortable and quiet cabin that offers space and superior convenience features when it comes to seating.
- Reputation: Reputation isn’t everything, but it certainly counts for something. For our Orlando Toyotas to make this list, they have to have firm reputations for durability and reliability.
- Technology: Backup cameras, adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring, and other top-of-the-line features can be found on each and every one of these vehicles.
- Cargo versatility: KBB looked at actual usable cargo space for this category, but also factored in low load floors in the back, as well as the versatility of second- and third-row seats.
- Car seats: For this category, KBB looked at LATCH systems, distance between front seats and car seats, third-row access, and how many seats you can fit.
And on top of that, KBB spent countless hours (two full weeks!) driving all of the vehicles to ensure they really are the best family cars. Real life families took the cars out for a spin to see how they suit kids of all ages, and the Orlando Toyota Highlander and Toyota Sienna passed all testing with flying colors!
Which Orlando Toyota will you put in the driveway?
So should you choose a minivan or Toyota SUV out of our best family cars? Here are some things to consider before you start shopping:
- What type of performance capabilities do you need?
- How much fuel efficiency is necessary?
- Is sporty style important to you?
- What type of interior space do you need – i.e., lots of versatility, or just lots of seating?
If you’re ready to get into the driver’s seat, come on down… we’re ready and waiting for you at Toyota of Orlando. Explore ALL of our best family cars at 3575 Vineland Road, just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall!