The holidays are all about traditions, whether new or old. Do you have a favorite way to ring in the holiday season? Plenty of families do; whether it’s decorating the tree, a DIY project, or a special meal, it’s a way to bring family and friends even closer together. That’s why we’ve taken the time to compile a list of some fun, affordable, and easy traditions that you can start with your family or friends. Check out our Orlando Toyota top holiday traditions!
- Leave “Reindeer food” out for Rudolph and company: We leave cookies for Santa, but what about his reindeer? Get the kids involved in the holiday tradition by leaving “Reindeer food” out on the lawn for Santa’s helpers. Just combine 1/4 cup dry oatmeal, 1/4 cup white sugar, red or green sugar, and glitter and spread on the lawn. The sparkle will help attract Santa’s sleigh and give the reindeer something to snack on while he delivers presents!
- Give a Christmas Eve box: This tradition is for both kids and adults! Every Christmas Eve, each person gets a box with a set of pajamas, a Christmas movie, hot cocoa, candy, cookies, popcorn, a Christmas book, or anything else that gets you into the festive mood. Put on the PJs, pop in the movie, read the book, and chow down before Santa arrives!
- Have a Christmas cookie decorating party: Break out your rolling pin – not only is this a tasty way to get into the holiday spirit, it’s also a great way to make DIY gifts for friends and family! Pick a simple cookie recipe – line gingerbread or sugar – and bust out the frosting, sprinkles, and candy. Set up a decorating station and let the kids (or adults!) have at it while you drink hot cocoa and listen to your favorite holiday music!
- Have a holiday scavenger hunt: This also will work for both kids and adults if you adjust the prizes accordingly! Have people seek out items like a Christmas tree star, snowflakes, Santa’s sleigh, and more. The larger the hunt area, the more fun it will be!
- Elf on the Shelf: This holiday tradition is becoming more and more popular and is a great way to get the kids excited for Santa. The premise? This naughty elf gets into all sorts of mischief while the kids are sleeping, and they get to discover it when they wake up. The website for Elf on the Shelf offers you tons of ideas, as well as games, quizzes, coloring pages, and fun facts!
And don’t forget even simpler traditions, like:
- Writing letters to Santa
- Visiting Santa at the mall
- Local tree-lighting celebrations, parades, and Christmas parties
- Picking out a Christmas tree
- Special Christmas-themed meal
We hope you have a very happy holiday season – from our family to yours!