Is your car due for a tune up? This piece of Orlando car maintenance isn’t one that you hear about a whole lot – typically you’ll hear more about run-of-the-mill items like oil changes, brake service, tire rotations, and battery checks. However, car tune ups are very important, especially if your ride is approaching higher mileage. Your owner’s manual can give you a better idea of when you might be due (as can our Orlando Toyota service techs), but if all goes as planned, you shouldn’t need a tuneup until around 75,000-100,000 miles for a brand-new car. If your car is older, you might be looking at 30,000-50,000 miles, and if your car was built before 1980, every 15,000 miles is a safe bet.
When should you schedule a car tune up?
Like we said, getting a car tune up is an important part of keeping your vehicle in tip-top shape. Our Orlando auto service techs can get you in for this service anytime if you want to bring your ride here, but we’ve also provided a handy checklist to see what elements should be getting checked and tweaked for the best performance possible. Check it out!
- Check the fuel filter. Is it clogged, dirty, or broken? Should it be replaced? Also take a peek at the air filter, oil filter, and cabin air filters while you’re at it!
- Check the engine fuel pump to ensure it’s working at maximum capacity and there are no hiccups in its performance.
- Check the engine fuel injectors for cleanliness and performance – particularly, that they’re delivering the right amount of fuel.
- Check the engine’s timing and idle to ensure they’re working at the right rates.
- Check the spark plugs – you’ll want to inspect the color and visual appearance for wear and tear, as well as note how they work when actually sparking and igniting the fuel.
- Check all belts and hoses to ensure they’re in good condition and not damaged or worn.
- Check fluid levels. You want full tanks of clean fluids when it comes to oil, coolant, power steering fluid, transmission fluid, and brake fluid.
Let our Orlando Toyota service techs get your ride ready to hit the road
On top of that, you should inspect the general condition of your car during an Orlando car tune up from bumper to bumper.
- Do you spot signs of rust?
- How about flaking paint?
- Do your tires look like they’re in good condition?
- Are all buttons and dials inside the interior cabin working as they should?
- Is there anything broken or on its way to broken that you should fix now before it becomes a bigger and more costly issue?
- If you drive a manual, how’s the clutch looking? Does it need to be adjusted or replaced?
You’ll also want to address any issues like rough idling, decreased fuel efficiency, odd smells, or problems getting things started. Our auto service techs can help you take care of any and all of these issues!
Need to schedule an Orlando car tune up? Call us today at (888) 725-3520 or swing by and see us 3575 Vineland Road!