September 1 means a whole lot of people are about to get excited about football… and that, in turn, means tailgating season is officially about to kick off! Are you ready to hit the field and grill, party, and gear up for kickoff? It’s a great way to get amped up for the big game with family, friends, and fellow fans, but there are also safety considerations you should think about before you actually put on your jersey and fire up the grill. Take a look at our Orlando Toyota tailgating safety tips!
Tailgating safety is easy with our tips
Before you leave:
Before you head out to the big game, take these Orlando Toyota tailgating safety precautions to ensure your ride is safe AND enjoyable!
- Buckle up. Everyone should have a seatbelt and if they don’t, they need to find another ride!
- Pack carefully. Never block your line of sight out of the back of the car or overload it in terms of weight, and if you’re going to tow, make sure your car can handle it.
- Use defensive driving, especially when you get near the stadium. Traffic is crazy on game days, so you’ll have to be attentive to avoid an accident.
- Think about where you park. You’ll need enough space to open up your Orlando Toyota’s doors, liftgate, and/or tailgate, so don’t get too close to other vehicles.
- Watch out for pedestrians! There will be plenty of them milling around, so drive slowly and indicate your movements with your turn signals.
While you tailgate:
Once you’ve parked and unloaded, Toyota of Orlando wants you to put these bits of advice into practice!
- Make sure you keep grills a good six feet from your vehicle to avoid damage or injuries!
- Throw your trash away – leaving cans and beer bottles around is not only messy, but also can damage tires when people are on their way back out of the game.
- Don’t drain your battery – keep an eye on it if you’re using your vehicle to play music or provide a little A/C so you don’t need a jump before you can leave!
- Lock up your belongings. You should keep valuables out of sight and if possible, locked in the glovebox while you’re inside the stadium.
- Make sure you lock your car before you head in, and keep your keys somewhere safe on your person where you won’t lose them.
Toyota of Orlando wants you to stay safe while celebrating your home team
After the game:
Before you head home to continue the celebration, use these Toyota of Orlando precautions to make sure you’re good to go!
- Pack up just as carefully as you did before the game, and be sure to clean up any remaining trash.
- NEVER drive drunk. You should call an uber, grab a cab, or find a designated driver if you’ve had anything to drink.
- Be patient! There’s bound to be tons of traffic leaving the stadium parking lot, so don’t drive aggressively and be sure to stay focused on the road to avoid an accident.
Find the perfect new Toyota in Orlando for tailgating safety – we’re located just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall at 3575 Vineland Road!