Fall starts officially in just two days – have you planned out the family fun you’ll be looking for this season? Holidays are approaching; Halloween will be here before you know it, and Thanksgiving will be arriving shortly thereafter. Not to mention, cooler weather means more outdoor time, and holidays mean it’s time to take road trips! Why not make the most of the season by planning fun activities to savor it with your family? We have tips on Orlando fall fun for the family, so read on!
Celebrate fall with Orlando Toyota tips
- Build a bonfire. It’s been WAY too hot out to even consider having a bonfire in your backyard, but when the temps begin to drop, break out the firewood! You can toast marshmallows and hot dogs, sing campfire songs, and even tell spooky stories (if the kids are old enough). Just remember to practice fire safety, especially if you have smaller children, and set ground rules before you light the fire.
- Start giving thanks. Thanksgiving isn’t too far away, so why not start counting your blessings now? Have the kids (and your significant other!) write down one thing they’re thankful for every day on a small piece of paper, and drop it in a large mason jar. On Thanksgiving, pull them out and read them so you can all be reminded of how blessed you are!
- Go to the farmer’s market! Fall means new and different produce, and you and your family can spend time together picking out fruits and vegetables that you then take home to integrate into fall recipes you want to try. Plus, it’s a great way to get outside and enjoy cooler weather, not to mention expend a little energy and get out of the house on the weekend.
Make the most of the change of seasons with your family!
- Build a scarecrow for your yard! It’s easy to make a scarecrow out of old clothes, newspaper, and a couple of tall sticks or pieces of wood. It’ll get everyone into the fall spirit and the kids will love picking out the outfit, and it’ll also make for a nice (affordable) fall decoration for your house.
- Take a nighttime walk. Fall weather means the mosquitoes will disappear and the days get shorter, but don’t feel like you’re losing your outside privileges! Instead, break out the flashlights and hit the pavement – you’ll be able to enjoy the cool weather and spot neighborhood animals like raccoons, squirrels, cats, and more (and it’s exciting for the kids to be out after dark). Just use pedestrian safety when you’re walking!
- Pick out pumpkins! There are tons of pumpkin patches all over Orlando that open up in the end of September and beginning of October, and they’re a lot more fun than going to the grocery store to get a pumpkin. Plus, they offer great photo opps (and don’t forget, Christmas cards are coming up on your to-do list soon!).
Ready to celebrate fall? Make sure you have the right ride to do it – come check out all of our best family cars before you hit the road (we promise, the Toyota Highlander can hold a TON of pumpkins). We’re open seven days a week at 3575 Vineland Road!