Are you getting ready to get back into the routine of back to school? Central Florida hits the books again this month, and we know it can be a little jarring to go from lazy days of summer to a strict structure and routine again. That’s why Toyota of Orlando has come up with some tips to help you make the big switch and get back to school with as little stress as possible. Let’s get started – the clock is ticking!
Make sure your Orlando Toyota is ready for back to school
First – and remember, we’re pretty knowledgeable in this arena – you should prep your Orlando Toyota to get back into the routine. Here are some tips to make it easier:
- Clean your car – detail it! No one wants to go back to school in a dirty, cluttered car, especially if you’re doing the carpool route. It makes it easier to lose things and get disorganized, so vacuum, wash, and wax your ride before you get down to the wire!
- Bring your car in for service. Make sure you’re up to date on your oil changes, that your tires are in good condition, that your battery is at the right voltage and in good shape, and that our techs have performed a multi-point inspection to ensure there aren’t any problems about to crop up.
- Organize your ride – this is the time to stock it with more wet wipes for spills, snacks for after school hunger pains, and maybe a trunk organizer to keep after-school gear more organized (no one wants to be short a cleat when it’s game time).
Get organized for the school year ahead of time with these tips
Next, it’s time to prep everything else to get back into the routine of back to school! Here are some tips to help make the transition easier for your family:
- Ease into the new sleep schedule early – give it about two weeks before the school year starts to start easing the kids into earlier bedtimes and earlier wakeup times. Then it won’t be such a big shock when the actual day arrives!
- Take time a few weeks beforehand to shop for both school supplies AND school clothes. The easiest method is to make a list for each child of what they need, as well as what they already have. You don’t want to waste time with returns if you buy a duplicate.
- Check out what documents you might need for your child BEFORE school starts, and put them all in a folder to bring along with you in the car. That way you’re not scrambling that morning to find a birth certificate or records.
- Try to do as much as possible the night before, not the morning of… and this goes for every day. Pack lunches, lay out clothes, and put loaded backpacks by the door to help keep mornings calmer.
- Do a practice run! You won’t be able to really account for traffic, since it’ll be busier the morning of, but knowing your route and what time you have to leave will help ease stress on busy mornings.
Want to get a better back to school ride? Call us at (888) 725-3520. Otherwise, best of luck to all those students and have a great year!