How many of you are sending a senior off to their final year of high school this fall? It’s bittersweet – you’re proud of their accomplishments, but at the same time you know the time is coming when they’ll leave the nest and head off to college! If you’re thinking about taking a little road trip (or a few of them) this year to tour different Florida colleges, our Orlando Toyota dealership is here. We have tips on making your trip efficient, and a ton of new Toyota cars that are perfect for hitting the highway!
Which universities will you tour this year?
First, let’s talk some of the possible four-year universities that you might want to tour in the state of Florida:
- University of Central Florida in Orlando (Go Knights!)
- University of South Florida in Tampa
- University of Florida in Gainesville
- Florida State University in Tallahassee
- University of North Florida in Jacksonville
- Rollins College in Orlando
- University of Miami in Miami
- University of West Florida in Pensacola
- Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton
As you can see, they’re pretty spread out, and require a lot of highway travel between them. However, it doesn’t have to be stressful for you or your senior! Our Orlando Toyota dealership recommends taking weekend trips (especially if you live here in Central Florida) to space things out, so you have plenty of time to explore each campus and the surrounding city. However, if you want to knock a few out at a time, think about hitting the road on spring break or over Thanksgiving weekend or winter break.
Toyota of Orlando shares college tour tips
Hitting the highway isn’t as easy as it sounds when it comes to touring colleges, though. Here are some Orlando Toyota tips for making the most of the trip from the driver’s seat of your new Toyota!
- Plot your trip ahead of time. Know where you’re headed, the route you’ll take, and have a back-up route just in case there’s bad traffic blocking your initial trip! This is especially if you’re traveling over the weekend and are on a limited time allotment.
- You might need to schedule a tour, so call the admissions counselor before at the college you’re going to visit ahead of time. These tours can be very informative and helpful so if they’re available, take advantage of it! You might also ask if you can meet with any professors or any other students.
- Make sure you bring a camera AND a notebook with you when you tour – this way you can take notes, jot down questions, and also take pictures of the campus so you can remember when you’re making your final decision.
- Decide if you’re going to be spending the night, and be sure to book a hotel room ahead of time. You don’t want to get stuck with nowhere to stay!
Ready to hit the road? Call us if you want to schedule road trip service before you leave (our Orlando Toyota service center is open seven days a week) or if you want to find the perfect car to hit the highway. You can reach us at (888) 725-3520!