Are you about to move? Whether you’re packing up to move into a college dorm in a nearby city or you’re moving your family across the country, you need to ensure that your ride is in the right shape to do it. Toyota of Orlando is here to help. We have a fully-staffed Toyota Service Center at our dealership, and our trained techs can help you get ready to hit the road with a reliable and efficient vehicle. Check out their tips for preparing your car for a big move!
Bring your car in for Toyota service before you start packing up
You’ll want to schedule Toyota service at Toyota of Orlando BEFORE you start packing up for your big move. Our techs will inspect elements of your car like:
- Tires (for inflation, tread, and general condition)
- Oil (to ensure your oil is clean and full)
- Brakes (to make sure you have full stopping power)
- Coolant and other fluids (so your car is operating at full capacity)
- Headlights (in case you’re heading out in the dark)
- Battery (to ensure you don’t end up with a dead car on the side of the road)
And they’ll also conduct a multi-point inspection to make sure they don’t spot any developing problems with your ride that need to be addressed before you embark on your move!
Use our Orlando Toyota tips to properly pack your vehicle for a move
Now let’s talk about Orlando Toyota service tips for the actual MOVE. Here are our tech’s recommendations for packing up and heading out!
- Check the payload capacity and towing capacity of your car. Towing is obvious – how much weight can your ride pull? But you should also check the payload capacity to see just how much cargo it can handle when you’re packing the trunk or cargo space; this also applies to the roof, since you can damage the structural elements of your car if you overload it.
- Keep fragile items wrapped up in bubble wrap, and be sure to separate them from the heavier cargo (put them in the cab or cabin of your vehicle instead of the trunk or bed).
- Use tie downs properly! Bungee cords just won’t cut it, especially if you’re traveling long distances at high speeds. Use the proper tie downs, hook them to secure landing points (like tie down cleats or metal, not plastic) and stop frequently to check them and make sure they’re still tight and secure. If you’re using tie downs on the roof or in the bed, our Orlando Toyota auto service techs recommend crossing them to create an “x” over the cargo to secure it.
- Organize your bed and cargo area according to weight and size. Heavy, large items should always be on the bottom and toward the center of the vehicle to help prevent strain on your engine; lighter, smaller items should go on top so they aren’t damaged. And remember, never block your field of vision – you always want a clear shot out of the back of your ride.
Want more tips? Need help figuring out your payload capacity? Want to schedule Toyota service for your car? Call Toyota of Orlando today at (866) 945-0493!