It’s back to school month in Central Florida, which means you might be waving your college student off to their first semester at their new school (don’t forget to check out our Orlando Toyota Grad Rebate to get them a reliable and affordable ride!). In honor of the big occasion, we’ve decided to tell you a little bit more about some of the schools here in the City Beautiful and why they’re such exceptional choices for higher education. Today we’re talking all things Knights – the University of Central Florida!
Learn the basics about the largest university in the state of Florida
Here are some basic facts about the University of Central Florida to get you a little bit better acquainted with the school:
- The University was founded here in Orlando in 1963; it’s now the second largest university in the U.S. and the largest university in Florida. Pretty impressive, right?
- The university confers over 15,000 degrees every single year, and the number continues to rise.
- The main campus spans almost 1,500 acres and also has 800 acres of natural ecosystems; there are multiple satellite campuses for students who can’t quite make it to the main campus in Orlando.
- There are 13 different colleges at the university to cater to a wide variety of students and disciplines. Choices include the College of Sciences, College of Health and Public Affairs, College of Business Administration, and the College of Education and Human Affairs, to name a few. Students can choose from 93 bachelor’s programs, 84 master’s programs, and 31 doctoral programs.
- UCF caters to over 63,000 students who hail from 50 states and 148 different countries; they also work with study abroad programs in 36 different countries to allow for multi-cultural learning experiences.
- The Carnegie Foundation has classified UCF as an R1 Doctoral University due to their high research activity and community involvement. Additionally, the university has been given numerous other honors and awards regarding value and innovation.
What’s it like to be a UCF Knight?
There you have the basics, but what’s it like to REALLY be a UCF Knight? The campus offers incredible resources whether you live there or choose off-campus housing, so Toyota of Orlando is here to talk a little bit more about those perks!
- The Student Union pretty much has anything and everything a college student needs – you’ll find reservable study rooms, computer labs, restaurants, and stores. Grab some dinner from Asian Chao before picking up your concert tickets at the convenient SGA office located there. The Student Union is also where amazing guest speakers, panels and conferences are hosted!
- There are 11 different housing communities on campus for students to choose from, as well as tons of restaurants and shops within easy walking distance of all of them. Sign your freshman up for a meal plan at the dining hall – they’ll love the easy buffet style.
- It’s easy to get involved at UCF; the campus holds hundreds of events for academics, entertainment, health, holidays, sports, workshops, and concerts. Finding friends is simple with so many opportunities at your fingertips!
Will you be sending a Knight off to college this year? Tell us your favorite fact about UCF and #ChargeOn – here’s to a great semester!