Summer is fun, but it can also be messy! Between beach excursions, road trips, and the kids being home from school, your car can take quite the beating! If you don’t feel like dropping money to get car detailing done, you can definitely do it on your own (or make the kids do it to keep them on their toes during summer break). Our Orlando Toyota dealership is here with our top car detailing tips and hacks to keep your ride clean and organized all summer, no matter how much sand you get between your toes!
Use car detailing to beat summer grime
First, you’ll want to gather the supplies you need to get rolling when it comes to car detailing. Our Orlando Toyota parts department recommends picking up items like:
- A can of compressed air
- A small paintbrush or makeup brush
- A vacuum with hose attachment
- Soft cloths
- Upholstery or leather cleaner
- Soap formulated for washing cars (so you don’t damage the paint)
- Wax for the exterior
- Window cleaner formulated for car windows
- Cleaner for the dash and any other plastic inside the cabin
Our Orlando Toyota parts department can stock you up with cleaning supplies
Once you’ve gathered car detailing supplies (and don’t forget, our Orlando Toyota parts department can help stock you up), it’s time to get started! The best technique is to divide and conquer – do the inside and outside separately to maximize time!
Here are some car detailing tips for the interior of your Orlando Toyota:
- Wipe down the dash and all your knobs and buttons with the cleaner and soft cloths you gathered to get rid of dust
- Clean the car windows inside and out, including the tops of them
- Use compressed air and a small paintbrush to clean out air vents and any nooks and crannies where dirt and crumbs might be hiding
- Vacuum the vehicle out, and be sure to shake the floor mats out separately to free up any dirt or sand
- Use the upholstery or leather cleaner to clean the seats, and pay close attention to any stains
And voila! Your car should smell fresh and clean… don’t forget to clean out and organize your trunk, too!
When it comes to the exterior of your ride, here are our top Orlando Toyota car detailing tips:
- Wash your car thoroughly using car soap, being sure to rinse it thoroughly
- Let your car air dry (but beware of water spots!) or use a soft towel to dry it
- Apply a coat of wax to protect it from the sun and other elements of nature
- Scrub your tires to get them looking brand new again
And there you have it! If you need to pick up supplies, come on down and see us – we’re open seven days a week and our Orlando parts store is fully stocked with all the detailing tools you could need at a great price.
And if you find yourself in a bind, don’t forget that we offer affordable car detailing right here at our dealership – call us today at (888) 725-3520!