Have you checked the weather report or watched the news lately? Summer is here, which means our notorious summer thunderstorms are about to roll in. They’re a pain to deal with, especially if you happen to be out on the road when they strike (which is pretty much every afternoon until September). Luckily, there are ways to prep your car with Orlando Toyota service to make sure your experiences out on the road are safe and stress-free. Our Toyota service techs are here to share their tips for prepping your car for these summer storms, so let’s get started!
Get your ride ready to take on wet weather!
Wipers: Take a good long look at your windshield wipers! Are they in good condition? Remember, these storms can sometimes mean downpours, which means you need working wipers on your side so you get full visibility. If your wipers smear water or leave streaks on your windshield, you might be due for another set. Let our Orlando Toyota service techs take a look at your wipers and if need be, replace them. We offer this important part at an affordable cost!
Brakes: You need full stopping power on your side when the roads are slippery, so make sure you have it! Our Toyota service techs in Orlando can check your entire braking system – rotors, calipers, brake pads, brake lines, etc. – to ensure that you’re in good hands when you hit the road. Schedule brake service today to ensure you can come to a complete and safe stop even when the roads are wet!
Adjust your driving habits with our Orlando Toyota service techs’ tips
Tires: Just like you need stopping power on your side when the roads are wet, you also need gripping power! This is why it’s so essential to have your tires checked on a routine basis. Our auto service techs in Orlando can check the tread depth on your tires to make sure you’re getting the proper grip, as well as the inflation. Both of these factors affect your traction (which is key during rainstorms), so don’t leave them to chance!
- Don’t forget to adjust your driving habits when it’s raining, too! Our Orlando Toyota service techs recommend alterations to your normal drive time like:
- Slowing down – follow the speed limit, and in a downpour it’s OK to go a little slower. Just get in the right lane so other cars can pass you!
- Use your headlights to lend more visibility to yourself, as well as let other drivers see you better.
- Leave more distance in between your car and other cars – this will give you more time to react and come to a safe stop, and hopefully help you avoid a collision.
- Pull over if you need to! Storms can bring heavy rain and high winds, and if you feel out of control of your car pull over and put your hazard lights on until conditions improve.
Need to schedule Toyota service in Orlando to prep your car for summer thunderstorms? Call us today at (866) 945-0493 and ask about our auto service specials!