We know you’ve probably heard by now that the Scion brand is being reabsorbed back into the Toyota brand – we reported on it a few weeks ago, and we’re excited to see what comes out of this transition. However, just because Scion is being retired doesn’t mean that your favorite cars are going to disappear! The Scion iM and Scion iA will become the Toyota Corolla iM and Toyota Yaris iA, respectively. And big news – if you’re a fan of the Orlando Scion FR-S, then you’ll be excited to know that it’s going to officially return in 2017 as the new Toyota 86… and we’ve got the scoop on what will be featured on this sporty new Toyota!
The Orlando Scion FR-S is retiring… get ready to meet the Toyota 86!
The new Toyota 86 in Orlando will be sporting an attention-grabbing new redesign for the 2017 model year, and here are some of the highlights:
- Retuned shocks and a spring rate change for better handling and maneuverability, especially around those tight curves. The Orlando Scion FR-S is known for its exciting performance capabilities already, so this takes things up a notch!
- Hill Start Assist Control
- More horsepower (205 hp) and torque (156 lb-ft) on the manual transmission vehicle, thanks to a gear ratio change! You’ll still be able to pick up this sports car in an automatic transmission, too.
See how the Toyota 86 is taking things to a whole new level in 2017!
However, performance isn’t the only aspect of this sports car that will be getting a boost. It’s also getting a revamp in terms of appearance, with a much sportier and more eye-catching exterior and an interior that takes things to a whole new luxurious level!
- A larger center intake and more aggressive styling on the exterior! This will help to enhance the muscular stance of the car, and the fact that it sits nice and low to the ground.
- Alloy wheels with a new “twisted” design on them
- New 86 badges to celebrating the rebranding of this iconic Orlando Scion sports car – you’ll find it on the front of the car, as well as inside the headlights!
- A redesigned front bumper and new headlights, as well as a redesigned bumper in the rear with LED taillights
- A brand new interior – you’ll love the all-new “Grandluxe” material that adorns the interior, as well as never before featured seating materials with cool silver trim
- A new steering wheel featuring an 86 badge in the center and convenient audio controls
Pretty exciting, right? The new Toyota 86 will be unveiled officially at the New York Auto Show, so we’ll have even more information to share with you then. We can’t wait for this incredible car to hit our dealership! We don’t yet have details on pricing or technology, but they’ll be here soon and we’ll share them just as soon as we can.
Want to get your hands on the Scion version of the Orlando Toyota 86? Come on down before it’s long gone – you can take it for a spin, see if it suits you, and put it in your driveway permanently. We can get you behind the wheel – come see us at 3575 Vineland Road, just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall!