There was big news at the New York Auto Show this week – a brand-new Orlando Toyota Prius was unveiled! 2017 will bring us the Toyota Prius Prime, which is a brand-new hybrid plug-in that offers a clean, green performance and big time fuel savings. On top of that, it’s sleeker and more stylish than ever and is packing tons of top technology!
The 2017 Toyota Prius Prime offers enhanced performance, style, AND technology
First things first – let’s talk performance. This new model of the Toyota Prius in Orlando will be boasting more acceleration and a brand-new battery that offers twice the energy capacity as the original battery. Additionally, the Toyota Prius Prime is a plug-in – this means it can run on electric power alone. Plug in, charge up, and have a driving range of up to 22 miles on electric power only! And when you utilize both the electric and hybrid capabilities, you’ll have a range of around 600 miles. Pretty impressive!
So, what makes this model of the Orlando Toyota Prius “Prime”? Features, definitely. Here are some of the highlights you’ll find in this new Toyota hybrid:
A brand-new 11.6 display screen in the center of the dash that serves as your control center
- Qi wireless charging for compatible smartphones
- A USB port and Bluetooth wireless streaming for music and calls
- Siri Eyes Free
- Built-in apps that help you locate local charging stations and even boast how “green” your drive time is to other local drivers
- Toyota Safety Sense P (which includes pre-collision for pedestrians)
- Intelligent Parking Assist (this uses radar technology to scope out parking spots and help your car into them)
- A backup camera and blind spot monitor
- The Head Up display, which projects important info onto your windshield
- A new climate control system that’s quieter and more effective at keeping things comfortable inside the cabin
- Voice recognition
And so much more!
This new Orlando Toyota Prius will also be getting upgrades in terms of looks. Check out new elements like:
- A longer wheelbase for a sleeker and more aerodynamic stance (and more interior cabin comfort)
- New, thinner LED headlamps, including one in the back that’s integrated into the rear spoiler
- A lower stance – this model sits 1 inch lower to the ground than its predecessors, which helps to enhance fuel efficiency
- A sporty carbon fiber liftgate
- A redesigned frontal fascia that’s more defined and chiseled than earlier models of this new Toyota hybrid in Orlando
And we’re betting some new interior trim and exterior paint colors will also be on the horizon when this green car makes its way to our Orlando Toyota dealership!
You can meet this new Toyota hybrid later this fall!
So, when will the Toyota Prius Prime be making our acquaintance? According to Toyota, these incredible cars will be making their way to local dealerships in all 50 states late this fall… and yes, we mean 2016. We can’t wait to get our hands on this new Toyota, and we think you’ll feel the same!
Want more info, or want to learn about the original Orlando Toyota hybrid family and take a test drive? Call us today at (888) 725-3520 to get the scoop!