There are distinct differences between shopping for a brand new ride and shopping for a pre-owned car. A car that has been previously owned requires careful attention when you’re thinking about buying. Previous ownership means that there could be more discrepancies in the history of the car, unlike a brand new car. To make sure you’re buying a safe and reliable used car in Orlando, it’s important that you inspect and test drive it before you buy it!
Tips for buying an unbelievable used car
If you’ve found a car that fits your performance needs and feature wants, it’s time to take a closer look before you sign on the dotted line!
Orlando used cars will have normal wear and tear that comes with owning and driving a car, but there should not be any extensive damage. When you’re shopping at our used car dealership in Orlando, inspect the exterior and interior of the car.
- Paint and Glass – check the body and paint for any scratches, dings or dents. Examine windows and windshields for any chips or cracks in the glass.
- Tires – check the tread depth of the tires, as well as the wear pattern to determine if they need to be replaced or not.
- Upholstery – look inside the car and examine the seats and upholstery for rips, tears or stains.
- Floor – inspect the carpet flooring for stains and rips as well as possible rusting or water damage.
- Under the hood – take a look under the hood of the car to for rust in the engine bay, or loose hoses and belts.
Test drive a pre-owned car like a pro
Once you’ve given the car a pass on inspection, it’s time to take it out on the open road! If you’re interested in buying a used car in Orlando, you should get behind the wheel and test drive it. If you’re not sure what to look for when you’re on a used car test drive, our pre-owned car dealership in Orlando can help.
- Test the door locks and power windows to ensure they work.
- Turn on the headlights, radio, air conditioning and heating, and any of other features that you want to ensure they work properly.
- Turn the key, but don’t turn on the engine. Look to see all of the lights on dashboard work. Now turn on the engine and guarantee that those warning lights turn off.
Get out on the road! You want to take the car out on the street and to do some highway driving. Getting the car above 60 mph is a great way to test the handling of the car. When you’re test driving, pay attention to:
- Whether the car pulls to one side.
- If it shakes at high speeds.
- How quickly the brakes stop the car.
- How quickly the car accelerates and how smoothly it shifts through gears.
If you’re interested in shopping for and getting behind the wheel of one of our best pre-owned cars in Orlando, all you have to do is visit us! We’re located at 3575 Vineland Road, just off of I-4 near the Millenia Mall.