Are you finally in the market for an Orlando used car? Now’s the time to start thinking about your experience at the dealership and what you can expect. You should definitely plan to take a test drive, as this lets you get better acquainted with the car (and helps you ensure it’s right for you) and also lets you see it in action to make sure there’s no noticeable issues. However, to guard against buying a lemon used car, you should conduct an inspection before you even get behind the wheel. Our Orlando Toyota dealership is here to teach you how to do just that!
Where should you look when inspecting a used car?
There are three main places to inspect when you’re checking over an Orlando used car: the interior, exterior, and under the hood.
Under the hood: When you inspect under the hood, you should look keep your ears open for odd noises and also be aware of anything that smells out of the ordinary. However, if you’re not well-versed in car mechanics you may want to take the used car you’re thinking about buying to an off-site auto service shop to have a tech inspect it for you!
Interior: There are certain things you should be on the lookout for when you inspect the inside of an Orlando used car, like:
- The upholstery, which should be in good shape and free of stains and tears. Also take a peek at the headliner to ensure it’s firmly in place, and be sure to pull up the floor mats and check underneath them for damage!
- Knobs, buttons, and dials, which should all turn easily and produce the action they’re supposed to (i.e., the radio knob or button should turn on the radio). Also, test out all the gadgets like the radio, A/C, and headlights/turn signals before you decide!
- Smells, as the interior of the car shouldn’t smell bad – if it does, there may be an issue with something under the hood. You also want a used car in Orlando that’s free of smells like cigarette smoke, which can be challenging to get rid of.
Toyota of Orlando wants to ensure you get a ride you can count on!
Exterior: When you’re inspecting the exterior of your next Orlando used car, pay special attention to:
- Paint, as it should be a uniform color throughout the exterior of the car. You should also look for scratches and dents, be aware of any rust, and make sure all of the panels of the car meet up evenly without gaps. Gaps can indicate poor body work completed after an accident!
- Tires, as they should be in good condition and have enough tread for a save drive time. You can perform the penny test and if the tread is too low, try to negotiate the price of new tires OUT of the price of the car!
Think you’re ready to conduct a used car inspection? Come on down to Toyota of Orlando and make it happen! We’re open seven days a week at 3575 Vineland Road, just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall!