Halloween is just over two weeks away! Have you picked out your costume and planned the perfect trick-or-treating route (remember, go for the houses that give out the full-sized candy bars)? You may think you’re prepped and ready to hit the road for some frightful fun, but do you know how to alter your driving habits to have a safe AND spooky evening? Our Orlando Toyota dealership is here to give you all the ins and outs of driving on Halloween night!
Is your Orlando Toyota ready to find frightful fun?
First, you need to make sure your Orlando Toyota is properly prepped to take on the roads on the scariest night of the year. This means having our auto service techs check things like:
- Windshield wipers
And giving your Orlando Toyota car a thorough multi-point inspection to pinpoint any other possible issues. No one wants to miss the party because of a dead battery or a blown radiator, right?
Be extra aware when driving on Halloween night!
Next, it’s time to give your driving habits a thorough examination! You may be a good driver on any other night of the year, but Halloween requires a slight adjustment of your practices behind the wheel of your Orlando Toyota. Here are some pointers to get you safely to your dreadful destination!
- Make sure you turn your headlights on as soon as dusk hits – it’ll illuminate your path. More pedestrians will be out and about on Halloween night, so you need to be able to see well and make sure you have a clear path! Also use your turn signals so other drivers AND pedestrians know where you’re headed.
- Come to a full stop at stop signs! Pirates and princesses alike will be crossing the streets all night, so come to a FULL stop at stop signs and check the crosswalk before slowly advancing. Make sure to look left and right for any spooky stragglers who might be trailing behind the group, too!
- Follow the speed limit. It’s set for a reason – your safety – so obey this rule. Again, more pedestrians and foot traffic means you need to be able to come safely to a quick stop if need be. Follow the rules of the road when behind the wheel of your Orlando Toyota!
- Avoid distracted driving. It can be tempting to try and find Monster Mash in your iTunes library, but make it a point to put away your phone and any other distractions BEFORE you get behind the wheel so you can focus on the road in front of you. Use Bluetooth wireless streaming, voice command, and audio controls mounted on the steering wheel to find your spooky tunes instead!
- Make sure you also employ defensive driving – aka being on the lookout for prospective problems. A lot of party-goers are out on the road on Halloween, which means more intoxicated drivers will be hitting the streets. Think proactively to avoid an accident or collision!
Want more tips or need to schedule service to take on Halloween haunts? Call us today at (888) 725-3520 – we’re open even on Halloween night!