Shopping Orlando car parts can be a little overwhelming – there are so many choices and so many different places to purchase them! Luckily for you, we have a Toyota of Orlando parts store where we stock all the parts and accessories you need (and can order anything else). We want to make your shopping process easy, which is why we employ knowledgeable techs who can help you find the right parts AND get it installed for you at our Toyota Service Center!
One of the big questions that we see at our car parts center, however, is whether or not a customer should invest in Orlando aftermarket car parts. We’re here to give you the ins and outs of aftermarket car parts so you can decide if they’re going to be a solution for your automotive needs!
What is an aftermarket car part, for starters? These particular types of car parts are parts manufactured by someone OTHER than the original manufacturer. For example, a part created for your Toyota Camry that’s not manufactured by Toyota. Original manufacturer parts are also called OEM parts, just so you know the difference between the two.
So, should you sink your money into Orlando aftermarket car parts? We’re listing out the pros and cons for these types of automotive parts to help you decide!
What are the pros of aftermarket car parts?
- There’s a really big selection – you’ll find numerous manufacturers for the part you need so you’re not stuck with just one option. This also means they’re easier to locate and order, especially if you have an older or less popular ride! You may be able to just walk into an auto parts store and find it readily on hand.
- They’re usually not as expensive as OEM parts, so if you’re in a tight spot and don’t have a ton of cash to spend on Orlando car parts, aftermarket may be the way to go!
- SOME – repeat, some, not all – of them are just as good as OEM parts in terms of quality. Make sure you do your research about the part and the company before you hit the order button!
Toyota of Orlando points out the cons of not going with an OEM part!
- Some aftermarket car parts just aren’t as good as the OEM part because the manufacturer cut corners. This can have a negative impact on your car’s performance and even cause problems, so do your research before you buy!
- You won’t get a warranty when you buy aftermarket car parts in Orlando. OEM parts typically come with at least a year warranty, which gives you peace of mind and a security blanket in case something goes wrong. Are you OK without a warranty on your new part or accessory?
- Some aftermarket car parts void the warranty you have on your car, which can be a big dealbreaker for some drivers! They can even affect your insurance, so be sure to check your coverage and policies before purchasing and installing them!
Have questions or ready to get parts shopping? Call us today at (407) 298-4500!