Big news for all of you sports car aficionados out there – the 2017 Toyota Supra is coming, and we’ve got some of the details surrounding this much-anticipated new ride! The collaboration between BMW and Toyota is rumored to hit the market sometime next year, and we can’t WAIT to see what it brings to the table. Here are some of the details we’ve gleaned so far on what the 2017 Toyota Supra in Orlando will have to offer!
Get the scoop on the upcoming Toyota Supra sports car
- A prototype of the car could be up for viewing as early as January of 2016 – keep your fingers crossed!
- The Toyota FT-1 concept car will actually NOT be the inspiration for the new Toyota Supra in terms of design. Toyota and BMW have decided to go in another direction, so the Toyota FT-1 will remain a concept car… for now.
- This new Orlando Toyota sports car will be a bit pricier than our current sports car option – the 2016 Scion FR-S in Orlando – but it’ll also have more impressive specs. Rumor has it that this new Toyota Supra could offer up to 470 horsepower, which is more than twice the amount that the Scion FR-S has to offer!
- BMW will be taking care of the chassis and engine development for this sports car, while Toyota focuses on the hybrid options that will be available (due to its unbelievable success with the Toyota Prius and co.)!
- The 2017 Toyota Supra in Orlando will also be bigger than the old model in length, height, AND width. It’s rumored that it’ll actually be about the same size as the Porsche 911!
- Engine choices haven’t been set in stone yet, but this Orlando Toyota sports car will most likely have an inline six turbo engine, and it’ll be paired with an electric motor to offer hybrid capabilities.
- There you have it – those are the facts we’ve gathered so far, but we’re sure more will be emerging over time as this car moves into production!
Why not take the Orlando Scion FR-S for a spin now?
If you can’t wait (or don’t want to shell out the extra bucks) for the 2017 Toyota Supra, why not take the Orlando Scion FR-S for a spin? It offers a great performance with 200 horspower and 151 lb-ft torque, which are combined with a rear-wheel drive system and dynamic rev management to make your drive time exciting. It’s also decked out with a 7-inch touchscreen audio system, cruise control, remote keyless entry, Bluetooth wireless streaming for phone calls and music, and one-touch down windows. Not only that, it’s actually a pretty efficient car despite its sports car capabilities. You can seat up to five, have a roomy trunk on your side, and will still get 25 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway!
Why not come see for yourself? We’re located at 3575 Vineland Road, just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall. You can call us to learn more about our Orlando Scion sports cars and check for updates on the 2017 Toyota Supra at (888) 725-3520!