Part of being a good driver means being prepared. This means using defensive driving to be prepared to react quickly in a dangerous situation, but it also means keeping your Orlando Toyota packed with essential supplies that can get you out of a jam when you need it! Our Orlando Toyota dealership has come up with a list of the most important supplies to keep stored in your vehicle at all times, and we’re sharing it with you to make you that much better of a driver!
Learn how to stock your Orlando Toyota for emergencies!
Let’s start with the basics – these are items you should have on hand in your Orlando Toyota car just to make your life easier:
- Paper towels or napkins for a spill, as well as baby wipes for easy cleanup
- An umbrella in case you get stuck in the rain
- A pen and paper in case you need to jot something down
- A USB cell phone charger
- An extra sweater or blanket
- Your owner’s manual
- Spare change for tolls and parking
- A plastic bag for garbage
- A paper map in case your GPS or navigation stops working
- A few bottles of water in case of an emergency
Next, let’s talk Orlando Toyota service supplies for those performance mishaps that can affect anyone! You should always have these supplies in your trunk:
- A spare tire, jack, and lug wrench in case you get a flat
- Jumper cables to deal with a dead battery
- A flashlight in case you find yourself working in the dark
- A screwdriver or multi-purpose tool
- Rags to clean your hands after working under the hood
- A couple of spare fuses, bulbs, and hoses in case of performance mishaps
- A flare or roadside marker to warn other drivers that you have pulled over
- A knife or scissors – be sure to store these somewhere where they will NOT be tossed around the car in an accident
- A can of tire sealant, as well as a can of WD-40
- A tire pressure gauge
An emergency car kit would pretty much encompass all of these supplies, so figure out how to build one with our help!
What supplies should you keep in your Orlando Toyota for your smaller passengers?
If you have smaller passengers, you should also keep your Orlando Toyota car stocked with supplies to keep them happy and occupied. Here are some suggestions:
- Toys (ones that don’t pose choking hazards), games (without any small moving pieces), and books to keep their attention occupied
- Snacks (make sure they aren’t ones that can easily be choked on)
- An extra set of clothes, as well as extra diapers and a blanket
- Movies to play via the DVD or Blu-Ray entertainment system that can be found in quite a few of our vehicles
There you have it!
If you have questions about what you should stock your car with, or want to build an emergency car kit with our Parts and Service specialists, give us a call! You can reach us at (888) 725-3520 seven days a week!