Driving here in Central Florida isn’t all that challenging for the most part. We see sunshine most of the year, and besides the afternoon rain we see in the summer, it’s pretty simple to hit the road. However, we know that some Orlando Toyota drivers head out of town for vacations, holidays, work, and more. That’s why we’ve compiled some of our best tips for taking on both wet and winter weather to ensure you get to your final destination safe and sound. Check out our Orlando Toyota safety tips for driving in challenging weather!
Driving in the rain and driving in the snow are both challenging, and they’ve got a lot of similarities. Whichever type of weather you’re going to be facing, you need to proactively prep both your car AND yourself. Let’s take a closer look!
Prep your Orlando Toyota for driving in bad weather
You have to take certain steps to prep your Orlando Toyota car for wet and winter weather – visit our Toyota Service Center, and be sure to ask for things like:
- A tire inspection. Your Orlando Toyota tires need to have enough tread on them to grip the road, and they also need to be properly inflated. If they’re not, you’ll have a hard time getting traction in slippery conditions and your fuel economy will also take a hit!
- A windshield wipers inspection! Did you know you’re actually supposed to use the windshield wipers on your Toyota when it’s snowing? Make sure your wipers are in good condition – our techs can check them out for you – and that they have enough rubber and are in good enough condition to keep your windshield nice and clear.
- A headlight inspection! You should use your headlights when it’s raining and snowing, and our Orlando Toyota Service Center can ensure they’re clear and bright before you hit the road.
Also, make sure you’re up to date on your routine car maintenance in Orlando – oil changes, brake service, coolant and heating, and battery service!
Do you know how to handle driving in snow and rain!
We’ve also got tips on how to handle your new Orlando Toyota when driving in wet or winter weather. Driving in the snow and rain can be challenging, but it’s not impossible… especially with our tips!
- Slow things down, especially in curves. Follow the speed limit or go slower if need be!
- Be sure to leave plenty of room for braking – slick conditions may make it harder for you to come to a stop!
- Use your headlights, and remember to use your turn signals to indicate your movements.
- Don’t slam on the gas or accelerator, and try to make your movements on the road smooth. Don’t whip around turns or peel out when the road is slippery!
Still unsure as to how to prep your car for driving in snow or rain, or want to get a few things taken care of? Give our Toyota dealership a call at (866) 945-0493 – we’ll see you soon!