Are you thinking about picking up some carpool responsibilities when the school year kicks back up in August? A lot of drivers think that it’s more stress than it’s worth, but being in a carpool can actually save you a lot of time, money, and gas (and can also help you cut down on the amount of emissions you’re putting out into the air). If you get the chance to join one, we highly recommend it! However, there are certain steps that you can take to make the experience stress-free and a whole lot more efficient. We’ve gathered a ton of Orlando Toyota tips to help you do just that!
Don’t let carpool duties ruin your school year!
Before you hit the road to take on your carpool responsibilities, you need to prep your car. Here are some simple steps to take:
- Make sure you’re up to date on all of your Orlando Toyota service! Take care of things like oil changes and coolant checks, and make sure your tires are inflated properly and have enough tread. You should also consider having our techs check out your brakes, batteries, lights, and wipers before you decide to become a carpool all-star!
- Clean your ride, too! Keeping a clean car will make carpool that much more enjoyable for your passengers, and will also reduce the risk of things getting lost in the clutter of the backseat. Our Toyota Service Center in Orlando offers detailing services, so why not give us a ring?
- Draw up a contact list for everyone in the carpool, as well as a detailed schedule. Know exactly what days you’re driving on, as well as what times you’re expected to pick people up. This will reduce stress and confusion, and will ensure you get everyone where they need to go on time (and that you don’t have to rush!).
Find the perfect Orlando Toyota SUV or minivan for the job!
We’ve also got Orlando Toyota tips to make the actual drive time itself easier – check it out:
- Don’t make any unnecessary stops – it’s not fair to your passengers! Go where you’re scheduled to go and run your errands AFTER carpool duties are done.
- Make sure everyone is buckled up – you should only have as many passengers as you do seatbelts and/or carseats!
- Drive safely. Follow the rules of the road and put your defensive driving skills to use to ensure a safe drive time for you and your passengers.
- Be timely! When you run late, you make everyone else late AND you up the chances of you rushing to get to your final destination. This means you’re more likely to speed, which means traffic tickets and collisions!
- Lay out the rules BEFORE it actually starts so all of your passengers know what’s expected of them and how to behave in the backseat of the car!
Don’t forget, we have a great selection of new Toyota in Orlando that are perfect for the job, too! Come take the 2015 Toyota RAV4, 2015 Toyota Highlander, or 2015 Toyota Sienna for a spin – Toyota of Orlando is open seven days a week at (888) 725-3520!