Heading out on a summer road trip can be a pretty incredible adventure; it means good times with friends or family, and you’ll get to see amazing sights as you make your way to your final destination and some fun in the sun. However, if your ride isn’t ready to hit the road before you leave, you may encounter a lot more hassle than you’d prefer! Our Orlando auto service center is pointing out some car warning sounds that MAY mean you’ve got a problem in the works – get these issues sorted out before you hit the highway this summer if you hear these noises coming from under your hood!
What car warning sounds warrant a trip to our auto service center?
Squealing when you hit the brakes
- Have you ever hit your brakes and heard a squealing noise? This is a dead giveaway that you need Orlando brake service at our auto service center. Your brake pads have a built-in indicator and when the pads get too thin, it makes a squealing noise to let you know it’s time for a new set. Don’t set out on a road trip if you hear this noise – you can do some major damage to your brake rotors (which means your wallet will be hurting) and you’re also putting your safety at risk!
Clicking noises under the hood
- If you hear clicking noises when you’re behind the wheel, it can mean issues with your oil pressure. Our Orlando auto service center recommends taking care of this issue as soon as possible – oil pressure isn’t something to mess around with, as it can do major damage to your engine. This is especially true if you’re driving long distances at high speeds in hot summer temps! Get this noise checked out right away at our auto service center in Orlando!
Grating, shrieking noises under the hood
- Are you hearing shrieking noises from under your hood? They’re annoying, sure, but they can also mean that you have a loose or broken belt. This can cause much larger problems if left for too long, so have our techs take a look before you decide to hit the road!
Schedule Orlando car maintenance before you take off on a road trip!
You should schedule routine auto service in Orlando before a road trip regardless if whether or not you’ve heard these strange noises under the hood – it’s a proactive way to prevent a breakdown on your vacation! Here are some things to take care of before you head out:
- Oil change
- Engine air filter change
- Tire rotation, balance, and inflation… as well as a wheel alignment if needed
- Car fluids check – have our auto service techs check things like coolant, brake fluid, transmission fluid, and any other fluid you have concerns about under the hood!
- Windshield wiper replacement and headlight/taillight check
Need to schedule some car maintenance? Visit Toyota of Orlando! We’re conveniently located right off the highway; we’re just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall at 3575 Vineland Road. Get the scoop on our car service coupons and get your ride ready to hit the road this summer safely!