When you see the Orlando Toyota RAV4, the first thing that probably comes to mind is family-friendliness. After all, this best-selling 2015 Toyota SUV is spacious and sporty, packed with convenience and utility features, and major fuel efficiency. You probably don’t, however, think of rally races. That’s all about to change – the 2015 Toyota RAV4 in Orlando will be entered into the Rally America series this year, and will hit the track for the first time on June 13 at the Idaho Rally. It was unveiled this past weekend, though, so we’ve got the scoop on what this fan favorite will feature in its rally racing debut!
The 2015 Toyota RAV4 gets rally-ready!
Obviously, the traditional Toyota RAV4 in Orlando isn’t suited for rally racing. Toyota had to modify it quite a bit in order to get it ready to hit the track, and we’ve got the scoop on the changes that it underwent to prepare! Take a closer look!
- The Orlando Toyota RAV4 will take to the track as a rally car driven by Ryan Millen, who won the 2014 Baja 1000 race behind the wheel of a Toyota Tundra TRD.
- Toyota modified the base trim-level of the 2015 Toyota RAV4 – the LE is the model that will take on other rally cars this summer in the Rally America Series.
- While this new Toyota SUV will still have the stock engine and stock transmission (which gets 176 horsepower and 172 lb-ft of torque), Toyota did remove a whole lot of weight from the vehicle to make it lighter and more maneuverable – about 500 pounds, to be exact.
- The suspension was upgraded on this Orlando Toyota SUV to make it more amenable to rally tracks; it’s now showcasing a TEIN suspension in the front AND rear for better handling.
- New tires were also added to the picture; this rally-ready SUV will boast BF Goodrich All-Terrain tires to ensure it can handle whatever the track throws at it.
- A roll cage was additionally added to this rally car for enhanced safety when it’s time to hit the road!
This Orlando Toyota SUV is all about performance
It’s not really surprising that the Orlando Toyota RAV4 was chosen to be transformed into the next rally car. After all, it’s known for its performance and versatility! Here are some of our favorite aspects of this new Toyota SUV:
- The option of all-wheel drive with active torque control
- Three different drive modes – choose between normal, ECO, and sport to tailor your drive time to fuel efficiency or sporty fun
- Towing capabilities of up to 1,500 pounds
- Great fuel efficiency – get the space of an SUV without the bulk and enjoy 24 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway!
Best of all, it’s affordable – this 2015 Toyota SUV kicks off at just $23,680! Come on down and see it in person; we can get you behind the wheel for a test drive today. We’re located at 3575 Vineland Road, just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall! Give us a shout at (888) 725-3520 to hear more about our new Toyota SUV deals and schedule your appointment. We’ll see you soon, and stay tuned for this rally car’s debut on the track on June 13!