Thinking about towing your boat out to the beach this weekend, or pulling a camper to a summer vacation destination? If you are, you definitely need an Orlando Toyota truck that can stand up to the job. That’s where the 2015 Toyota Tundra comes into play – this powerhouse truck can take care of all of your towing needs and get you AND your gear where you need to go this summer! Let’s take a closer look at this best-seller and see why it’s a great solution for all of your towing needs, whatever they may be.
The 2015 Toyota Tundra is a towing powerhouse!
When it comes to towing capabilities, the 2015 Toyota Tundra in Orlando has got you covered. Here are the basics:
- It can tow up to 10,500 pounds (remember, this is the same Orlando Toyota truck that pulled the space shuttle a few years ago!)
- It comes decked out with a towing hitch if you choose the V8 option (and you should – this powerful engine churns out up to 381 horsepower and 401 lb-ft of torque for an incredible performance).
- You’ll also get the option of a tow package! This specialized package includes features like a TOW/HAUL mode switch, a supplemental engine and transmission cooler, a heavy-duty battery, and a trailer brake controller prewire!
Use our Orlando Toyota towing tips when you hit the road!
So you’ve got the right truck – the 2015 Toyota Tundra in Orlando is an obvious solution – but do you really know how to tow when you get behind the wheel? We’ve got some tips to help you tow like a pro this summer. Check it out!
- Know how much weight your new Toyota truck can handle. You don’t want to overload it! Although the 2015 Toyota Tundra in Orlando can handle a good deal of weight, it does have its limits, just like any other truck! Check your owner’s manual to see just how heavy of a load it can handle before hitching up.
- Make sure your brake lights and turn signals are wired! You need to be able to signal to drivers behind and around you where you’re going. If you need help hooking them up in your new Toyota Tundra, have one of our sales specialists or Toyota service techs give you a hand.
- When you hit the road, be sure to adjust your driving habits! You have a lot more length and weight behind you than normal, and you need to drive accordingly. Be sure to leave plenty of distance between your Orlando Toyota truck and the cars in front of you; since you have more weight riding behind you, you’ll need more room to stop. You’re also a lot longer, so keep that in mind when you’re changing lanes. You also need to take turns wider than usual to ensure you have enough room to clear both your Toyota Tundra AND whatever it is that you’re towing!
- One more tip: reversing while towing is super tricky, so avoid situations that might call for it if possible!
Get behind the wheel of the 2015 Toyota Tundra today – we’re open seven days a week until 10pm and we’re just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall! Call us at (888) 725-3520!