So it happened – you got into a car accident in your Orlando Toyota, and now you’re trying to figure out the next steps to take. A lot of people find themselves wondering whether or not they should report a car accident to their insurance companies; they worry their premiums will go up and they’ll be forced to drop a huge chunk of change for repairs. Toyota of Orlando is here to help you figure out this stressful situation and share why you SHOULD report that collision to your car insurance company as quickly as possible!
Yes, you need to report a car accident to your insurance company!
Here are the reasons you should always report a car accident in your Orlando Toyota to your insurance company:
1) You’re REQUIRED to. Most car insurance companies require that you tell them if you’re in an accident, even if it’s a small one and even if you don’t think it was your fault. If you don’t inform them and they find out about it, they can cancel your coverage… which means more money out of your pocket to see out a new policy and a whole lot more hassle!
2) You sometimes don’t realize the extent of injuries to you or the other driver. After a crash you often get a rush of adrenaline, which can cover up injuries that might make themselves known later. Your car insurance will help you pay for the medical treatment (and if the other driver needs medical treatment, as well!).
3) Additionally, you never know what damage has been done to your Orlando Toyota or the other vehicle! It may not look too bad on the surface, but you could have hidden damages underneath that could jack up the costs to repair the cars. Don’t risk getting stuck with a HUGE bill you have to pay out of pocket – submit the claim on your Orlando Toyota and use your deductible. That’s what it’s there for!
Go through our Collision Center to get your Orlando Toyota back on the road!
If you don’t report a car accident, you could run the risk of having enormous medical and repairs bills heaped on your plate, as well as a loss of coverage. It’s not worth the risk! If you get into a collision, call right away – you need to report a claim as soon as possible (within 24 hours). Remember to include details like:
- Your name, the Orlando Toyota car you were driving, and if there were other passengers in the car
- Where and when the car accident took place (including time of day)
- The other driver’s name, contact information, and insurance information
- The police report – many insurance companies require a police report when you get into a car accident in your new Toyota in Orlando, so stick it out and file one to be safe! Remember to include the officer’s name and badge number.
- Exactly what happened in the car accident – try writing it down immediately after it happens so you don’t forget any details! Go step-by-step for clarity’s sake.
Also, take pictures of the damage to your new Toyota to send to your insurance company just in case they request them!
Need auto repairs after a collision and looking for a trustworthy Orlando body shop to do them? Call our Toyota Collision Center at (866) 637-2430!