Spring break is definitely here, Orlando Toyota drivers! Seminole Country schools are enjoying their freedom, and Orange County is going on break next week. Are you trying to plan a road trip with your family? If so, you’re in luck! Toyota of Orlando has all the tips you need to plan a road trip that’s fun, safe, and affordable. Check out our handy guide before you hit the road and remember to come in and get all of your routine auto service taken care of before you take to the highway!
Use our tips to plan a road trip that won’t drive you crazy!
Trying to plan a road trip with your family isn’t as simple as throwing a cooler in the backseat and hoping for the best. If you’re taking younger kids along for the trip, you definitely need to plan in advance! Here are some steps that will help you get the most out of your road trip and enjoy your fun in the sun!
- First, when starting to plan a road trip remember to plot out time to stop your Orlando Toyota and take a break. Driving long stretches without stops is difficult enough for adults, and kids are sure to get stir-crazy in the backseat. Why not split your drive time in half and plan an overnight stop in the middle instead of powering through? Also, remember to stop often so people can take restroom breaks and stretch their legs!
- Make sure you also get enough sleep the night before you leave – both you AND your passengers. If you’re half-awake, you’re a danger to others when behind the wheel of your Orlando Toyota. And everyone knows tired kids = cranky kids. Hit the sack early the night before for plenty of zzz’s!
- Bring snacks and drinks! You’ll save money and time because you won’t have to stop for rumbling stomachs as often. Be sure to bring snacks that are easy to store and eat, such as granola bars, cookies, crackers, and fruit. Also, be sure not to let small children have foods that are choking hazards when you’re out on the road!
Stay entertained with Orlando Toyota technology
- Find ways to keep your family entertained when you’re starting to plan a road trip. A lot of our new Toyota in Orlando come with great sound systems so you can host a singalong, and some of them offer Blu-Ray or DVD players in the back with wireless headphones so you can put on a family favorite movie and keep everyone entertained when you hit the road!
- Pack carefully – be sure to keep items that you need often close at hand, not in the very back of your car! This means snacks, phone chargers, books, games, your first aid kit, any medicines you might need, and anything else you need close access to in a spot that’s easy to reach!
Want more tips on how to plan a road trip for you and your family, or looking for a family-friendly and affordable new Toyota to take on your adventures? Come on down and see us – we’re at 3575 Vineland Road, just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall!