We don’t see much snow here in Central Florida, but a lot of people do make their way up north during the winter, whether it’s to visit friends and family or for a business purpose. Driving up north means there’s a chance you’ll hit snow, and not many Southerners know how to react when the white stuff starts to hit the ground! Our Orlando Toyota dealership is here to help – we’ve got tips on what to do if you find yourself and your new Toyota stuck in snowy weather out on the road!
Handle snow like a pro in your Orlando Toyota!
- First things first – if you find yourself having to pull over your new Toyota and stop on the side of the road because of gridlock or excessively snowy weather, don’t get out of your car to wander! It’s probably a lot colder than you think, and you run the risk of getting hypothermia or frostbite if you stray too far.
- Stay in the car and bundle up! If you’re headed into climes that have cold temps, be sure to keep extra blankets in the back of your new Toyota in Orlando. You might also keep an extra pair of socks, a hat, gloves, and an extra jacket back there!
- The reason for all those extra clothes? You don’t want to leave your car running the entire time you’re pulled over! You’ll run the risk of your Orlando Toyota running out of gas and leaving you stranded even longer. Turn your car off and start it up every 20 minutes or so to get a blast of heat in the cabin and make sure the engine is still good to go.
- However, you might want to check your tailpipe every half hour or so if you’re going to start your new Toyota up. If snow blocks the tailpipe, you can get carbon monoxide inside the car’s cabin, which can be deadly. Make sure the tailpipe is clear so the exhaust has a way to escape!
- Stop playing games on your phone and checking Instagram. You’re bored, we know, but if you run down the battery on your phone and don’t have a way to charge it back up you’ll be in an even worse predicament than you already are. Save that battery power for emergency calls!
- You should always make sure your car is also packed with snacks and drinks when you’re out and about in the snow. That way you’ll have sustenance if you and your Orlando Toyota get stranded on the side of the road. Make sure to drink enough water to stay hydrated!
Prep your new Toyota in Orlando with emergency winter weather supplies!
Other emergency car kit supplies you might want to keep in your car in case of snow include:
- An emergency first aid kit
- Kitty litter (for traction) and a shovel
- An ice scraper
- Hand and feet warmers, like HotHands
- A mobile phone charger
- A book (hey, it’ll keep you busy!)
- A flashlight or emergency beacon so rescuers and tow trucks can see you
Want more tips or want to get your new Toyota prepped for winter weather? Come by our Orlando Toyota Service Center today and let our techs get you ready! We’re just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall at 3575 Vineland Road!