Cooler weather may have found its way to Central Florida, but we’re still reaching temps in the 80’s on a regular basis (welcome to fall in Florida). While most of the country is gearing up for winter weather and prepping their cars accordingly, we’re still coasting on the summer car maintenance we performed back before the temperatures soared! This means you need to keep up with all of the routine car care that’s necessary for warm weather, including things like getting an Orlando radiator flush. This maintenance piece is important to your car’s performance and longevity, especially as the warm weather will probably stick around through the end of November!
What is a radiator flush?
What is a radiator flush, and why is this Orlando car maintenance so important? We’ve got the answers, and we also have trained Toyota technicians who can get the job done for you and ensure your ride is running in top-notch condition. Here are the basics!
- Your radiator keeps your engine cool (which is especially important in warm weather). Without it, you’d face overheating issues, tons of repairs, and a big old drain on your wallet. That’s why it’s essential to get a regular radiator flush to keep things moving along smoothly!
- An Orlando radiator flush is exactly what it sounds like. Over time, deposits and dirt buildup in the system and make it hard for it to function properly. A flush will help push all of the debris out and get things running normally again. Without a regular flush, your radiator can become blocked and lead to expensive repairs!
- You typically need to get this car maintenance every 40,000-60,000 miles, depending on performance and how much wear and tear your car experiences. It may not need to happen as often as other services, like an Orlando oil change, but you still don’t want to miss it when it’s due!
What are the perks of this Orlando car maintenance?
That’s not the only benefit of getting a routine radiator flush in Orlando, however! Here are a few other perks this type of car maintenance brings to the table:
- It protects your car from rust! You’ll get new radiator fluid introduced into the system when you get a radiator flush, and with that comes new protective chemicals that can prevent and protect against rust in the system. It’ll also prevent foam in the system, which can cause big issues.
- It lubricates the water pump. The water pump is essential to performance and this type of Orlando car maintenance helps to prolong its life by lubricating it and ensuring it can get its job done with ease.
- It decontaminates the system. Over time, your radiator fluid will lose the anti-corrosive properties in it that help prevent contaminates in the system. By flushing things out and bringing new fluid to the system, you’re ensuring a longer and more efficient life in your coolant system!
Need to schedule this important Toyota service today? Give us a shout at (866) 945-0493 to schedule your appointment! Don’t forget to ask about our Toyota service coupons to save big!