Have you ever run out to your car in the morning, coffee mug and work bag in hand, to get behind the wheel and discover you can’t get going? Your car won’t start, and now you’re stranded as you pop the hood and try to figure out what’s wrong or call a tow to bring it to a local Orlando auto service center. However, we’re here to help! We know the feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when you turn the key and your car refuses to cooperate… we’re breaking down some reasons why your car won’t start to help you diagnose the problem and get back on the road!
What should you think when your car won’t start?
A lot of times, you can figure out why your car won’t start by simply listening. Here are some common scenarios that our Toyota auto service center in Orlando sees:
- Silence: If you turn the key and hear nothing, you might be having an issue with your battery cables. They bring the charge from your battery to the starter to get things rolling, so if they’re corroded, broken, or loose, you’ve got a problem. You can try checking them to see if they’re in good shape, but you may need to replace them. That’s where our Orlando auto service techs come in!
- Turning over but not starting: If you turn the key and hear the engine attempting to start but not quite getting there, you might have a problem with your spark plugs or your fuel system. Neither are things you can quickly fix before jumping on the I-4 for your morning commute, so you may want to call our Toyota service center in Orlando and schedule an appointment to get things working efficiently again!
- Clicking: If you turn the key and hear a clicking noise and then silence, your battery may be dead! Try turning on your headlights or using your power door locks – if you can’t do either, you definitely have a dead battery. You can get a jump and head into work, but make sure you head into our auto service center to have it checked out. You may need to replace it, which our Orlando Toyota Service techs can take care of both quickly and affordably!
Let our Orlando auto service techs help you out!
Additionally, sometimes your car won’t start due to weather reasons! Here are the most common ones:
- Cold: If your car won’t start when it’s cold out, you might need to address your fuel injection system or the choke – these can be reasons why things won’t get going.
- Rain: If your car won’t start when it’s wet out, you might have dampness inside of your distributor cap. Our Orlando Toyota service techs can get things dried out for you!
Need to schedule an appointment today? Give us a call at (866) 945-0493, or come on down and see us in person at 3575 Vineland Road! We’re just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall!