Here at Toyota of Orlando, we absolutely love getting involved in our local community. One of our favorite organizations to work with is Camp Boggy Creek – they’re a summer camp for kids with life-threatening and terminal conditions, and they provide a place for these children to get a normal summer camp experience and be around other kids just like them. They bring in kids from all over the state of Florida for a week of summer fun, and even out of state campers make their way to the Sunshine State to visit this extraordinary place. We’re beyond proud to work with them, and we’re excited to announce that we are officially a co-sponsor of the 4th Annual Camp Boggy Creek Challenge Ride this September!
Hit the road with Toyota of Orlando!
The Camp Boggy Creek Challenge Ride is a strenuous cycle ride taking place in Lake County; the proceeds go towards the camp itself and getting the campers there every summer. See, Camp Boggy Creek is a non-profit – it exists solely on the contributions and donations of people in the community like you. That’s why the Challenge Ride is such an important fund-raising event! We’ve got a team riding this year in the race headed by our General Manager, and there’s someone we’d like you to meet… his name is Jerry!
Meet Jerry, our Challenge Ride Champion!
Jerry is our Team Champion! He’s a nine-year old who was recently diagnosed with cancer. His days went from playing with all of his siblings and just enjoying being a normal nine-year old to days filled with exhausting and expensive treatments to help him battle the cancer. We’re pumped to ride for him to the finish line! He loves Camp Boggy Creek, and he loves that he can go there and just be “normal” and be around other kids facing the same struggles that he is.
Here are the details for the Challenge Ride:
- When: September 6, 2014 – the first wave of cyclists leaves at 6am, and groups will head out continuously after that for the next few hours.
- Where: Camp Boggy Creek! The face starts and ends at the camp, and cyclists can choose to take on a 40- or 60-mile course, or face the challenge of a 15-mile off-road course.
The best news yet? YOU can help too! Here are some ways you can make a difference and help our Orlando Toyota dealership and other local businesses raise money for the camp:
- Ride in the race! If you’ve got a bike and you’ve been itching to hit the open road, now’s your shot. It’s only $25.00 to register and you can find sponsors to back you – the more money you raise, the more campers get to come to camp this and next summer!
- Volunteer! Camp Boggy Creek needs volunteers to help drive shuttles, serve water and snacks, pick up riders, and man the start and finish lines among other things. Sign up to volunteer and help them make this race the best one yet!
- Donate! Here at our Orlando Toyota dealership, we regularly hold drives to collect supplies for the camp. You can contribute to those, or contribute supplies or monetary donations directly to the camp by visiting their website!