When you go shopping for a sports car, safety probably isn’t at the top of your list. It’s important for cars to have safety technology and all the bells and whistles that make you feel more secure, but sports car drivers are usually more focused on performance and appearance. Well, we’ve got some good news here at our dealership – the Scion FR-S in Orlando has been named a IIHS Top Safety Pick… again! Now you can feel secure when you get behind the wheel (and guys, this may give you a little more leverage as to why you NEED to buy this car).
Get safety AND speed in the 2015 Scion FR-S
What is an IIHS Top Safety Pick? Basically, the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety picks their number one bets for the safest rides around. They conduct a series of tests to come up with the list, and the tests revolve around the aspects of crash avoidance technology and crashworthiness (basically, how well the car does in a collision). Five different crashworthiness tests are conducted, and the new Scion FR-S in Orlando passed all of them with flying colors in order to be named a Top Safety Pick for the year! Let’s take a look at some of the safety technology you’ll find woven into this Orlando Scion sports car!
- The Star Safety System, which consists of six different safety technologies that work both together and separately to give you a more secure ride. Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control, Anti-Lock Brakes System, Smart Stop Technology, Brake Assist, and Electronic Brake Force Distribution make your drive time safer than ever!
- A first aid kit! It may seem flippant, but bumps, bruises, and minor injuries occur. Why not have the supplies on hand that you need to deal with them? The 2015 Scion FR-S in Orlando has got you covered!
- An Advanced Airbag System for the driver and front passenger for extra cushioning should a collision occur
- Front and rear side curtain airbags
- 3-point seatbelts for all seating positions so ALL of your passengers can be securely buckled in when you take your new Scion FR-S out on the road
- The LATCH System, which makes installing a car seat safely as easy as it gets
- A tire pressure monitoring system that allows you to keep tabs on your tire pressure – this can help prevent flats and blowouts!
Safety isn’t all this Orlando Scion has to offer!
That’s not all you’ll get, though. Safety technology is superb but you also want a fun ride, and features like these deliver it in this Orlando Scion:
- A super-sporty appearance that’s enhanced by features like a shark-fin antenna, 17″ alloy wheels, and a dual rear exhaust
- A fun and exciting drive time with a rear-wheel drive system and a 2.0L 4-cylinder Boxer engine under the hood (we’re talking 200 horsepower)
Why not come see for yourself? Visit the new Scion FR-S in person – we’re open seven days a week until 10pm and we’re just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall! Give us a shout today at (888) 725-3520 to schedule your appointment!