The Toyota Land Cruiser in Orlando is definitely one of the most iconic SUVs around and definitely represents the evolutionary and innovative nature of the brand. After all, this popular Toyota SUV started out as a rugged, rough-and-tumble way to take on off-road adventures and luxury was the last thing on its agenda. However, since its inception, the Toyota Land Cruiser has evolved into a luxury vehicle that provides the latest and greatest technology, sophisticated style, and comfort, but still retains the durability it was first known for!
The Orlando Toyota Land Cruiser goes back to basics
It’s no wonder, then, that it’s being majorly commemorated by Toyota in Japan right now! In order to celebrate the long and fruitful life of this amazing Toyota SUV, a special edition of the 70 model is being brought back into production for a year only. Only 200 a month will be brought into the market, and they’ll only be up for grabs in Japan (so if you were planning on taking a trans-Pacific trip, now might be the time to do it if you’re itching to get your hands on this new SUV).
What can we expect from this special new Toyota SUV?
The Toyota Land Cruiser 70 is definitely the most durable of all models of this new Toyota SUV in Orlando; it was designed to take on tough and uneven terrain and harsh conditions without batting an eye. It first came into production back in 1984, and was just recently discontinued in Japan in 2004. However, fans have been clamoring for a re-release since its discontinuation, so Toyota decided to oblige with this special edition for one year only! Here are some of the features we can look forward to on the special edition of the Orlando Toyota Land Cruiser:
- A special ladder-frame chassis and suspension (which makes it capable of taking on rugged terrain without a problem)
- A 4.0L V6 engine – we don’t have exact specifics on the capabilities of this engine, but we’re betting both horsepower and torque will be well upwards of 200
- A five-speed manual transmission – some drivers feel that manual transmissions allow them more control when taking on tricky conditions
- Updated safety technology – after all, Toyota is a leading researcher and implementer of the latest and greatest safety technology, like the Toyota Star Safety System
- A Smart Key System – this adds an element of efficiency not found on the previous model, and also allows for the use of a Push Button Start on the interior
- You’ll also be able (if you go over to Japan) to pick up this re-released Toyota Land Cruiser in a pick-up truck version for $34,000 (3.5 million yen)
- If you want the traditional SUV version, it’s going to cost you $35,000 (3.6 million yen)
Sounds pretty cool, right? While this new Toyota Land Cruiser will definitely offer a bit of technology and tons of safety features, it’ll be geared more towards off-roading and rugged durability than its Orlando Toyota sibling… we’ll keep you posted as we get more details!
Come take the plush 2014 Toyota Land Cruiser for a spin today – visit Toyota of Orlando at 3575 Vineland Road to see what all the fuss is when it comes to this amazing Toyota SUV!