Labor Day Weekend is coming up fast, friends! Are you ready to hit the road and celebrate that long weekend with a mini-vacation? Toyota of Orlando is here to help – our Toyota Service Center can get your car ready to take on the open highway without a problem! Come in and get routine Orlando car maintenance like:
- An oil change
- A tire fill and rotation
- A new air filter for maximum performance
- A multi-point inspection to check your ride from top to bottom for any issues or problems
Take care of Orlando auto maintenance BEFORE you hit the road!
And more! Let our Toyota Service techs check your car over before you take it out of town – this is the best way to avoid emergency breakdowns and expensive auto repairs from an auto service shop you don’t know or trust!
However, sometimes accidents happen when you’re out on the road. Have you ever been traveling down the street and noticed that you have a chip or a crack in your windshield? It can definitely put a damper on your trip – you wouldn’t believe how quickly a small issue can turn into something big (and expensive to repair). That’s why you should take steps to prevent chips and cracks in your windshield and the subsequent Orlando auto repairs that come with them… and we’ve got those tips right here for you!
Protect your windshield from costly auto repairs this Labor Day Weekend!
1) Park your ride under cover if you can! Heat and sunlight (which we get plenty of here in Central Florida) can weaken your windshield over time, leading to you having to get auto repairs to take care of the resulting damage. Additionally, our infamous thunderstorms can toss debris around; that debris can then hit your windshield and cause some pretty intensive damage in mere seconds.
2) Check your windshield wipers. Orlando auto repairs to your windshield can be avoided if you have the right wipers – using worn down or broken wipers can cause scratches on your windshield. Let our Orlando Toyota Parts Center help you pick out a new set and even install them so you’re ready to hit the open highway, rain or shine!
3) Don’t slam your doors. Slamming your doors rattles your windows and windshield, weakening the glass and even possibly starting a crack. Crack in your windshield = costly auto repairs in Orlando. Shut your doors firmly but gently!
4) Don’t tailgate. This is a basic rule of the road because of traffic safety anyway, but it can also help you avoid auto repairs to your windshield. If you follow too closely, you run the risk of chips and cracks in the glass due to debris that’s kicked up by the tires of the car in front of you. Don’t take your chances- stay back!
Have questions, need windshield repairs, or want to get your ride checked out before your big Labor Day Weekend trip? Give us a call today at (866) 945-0493, or swing by 3575 Vineland Road! We’re open seven days a week!