Maintaining your car over the different seasons doesn’t have to be a challenge – it’s especially easy here in Central Florida, where it’s warm most of the year and we never see snow or ice. However, it does cool down, and if you ever take your ride out of town into climates that are more seasonal, you need to make sure you’ve prepped with the right Orlando car maintenance! Our Toyota Service Center has a ton of tips on how to maintain your vehicle as the year flies by, and we’re sharing some of them with you. We’ll go over summer and winter seasonal car maintenance with you, but don’t forget to check out our website for more tips on spring and summer if you find yourself planning a road trip during those times of the year!
Summer car maintenance in Orlando
Summer is here – are you ready, and more importantly, is your car? Summer weather can definitely take a toll on your car, especially here in Central Florida where it gets really, really, hot. Staying on top of car maintenance in Orlando can help your vehicle cope with hot temps and give you a stellar performance the rest of the year. Here are some of the things to stay on top of when it comes to auto service for the summer!
- Check all of your fluids, especially your oil and coolant. These are essential to keeping your car cool (and preventing it from overheating), so you need to make sure that the reservoirs are full and clean to get a top notch performance.
- Check your brakes, tires, headlights, and wipers; we see a lot of afternoon summer thunderstorms in our area, and you need to be able to handle slick roads and nasty weather without a problem. Replace anything that looks worn out or isn’t functioning at maximum capacity!
- Now is definitely the time to check our your air conditioning and make sure it’s blowing strong and cold – our Orlando Toyota Service Center offers air conditioning services if you’re in need!
- Make sure your coolant system can handle summer weather – you may want to get a radiator flush to ensure the system is in good shape!
Winter car maintenance
No, it doesn’t get TOO cold in Central Florida, but you should maintain your car all the same (especially if holiday travels are taking you out of town). Here are some tips to prep your car for winter:
- Just like summer, check the brakes, wipers, headlights, and tires so you can handle any and all road conditions when cold weather makes its way to the state. Remember, winter means shorter days, so you need excellent visibility!
- If you’re going to be facing snow, consider swapping out your tires for winter tires, as well as changing your windshield wiper fluid and coolant to fluids that are more temperature resistant (and won’t freeze).
Want more tips? Give our Orlando Toyota Service Center a call today at (866) 945-0493 – we’re open seven days a week and we have tons of Toyota Service Coupons to make your experience super affordable!