The Lyrid Meteor shower is about to end, friends! This incredible meteor shower is the first major one since the Quadrantids that took place earlier in 2014 in the month of January. Lyrid is supposed to be pretty exceptional – it peaked on Tuesday, but you can still catch meteors shooting through the skies up until Saturday! This particular meteor shower is known for its luminescent dust trails, and it’s one of the oldest ones known to man – there are reports of seeing it as early as 2,700 years ago. It’s definitely not something you want to miss!
Check out the Lyrid Meteor shower from the back of an Orlando Toyota truck!
The best way to see the Lyrid Meteor shower in all of its glory is to get out of town; it’s harder to see the meteors when you’re stuck in the midst of light pollution, so leaving Orlando and the surrounding metro area is your best bet to get the full extent of it. However, in order to get out of town, you may need a little off-roading skill under your belt… which is where the 2014 Toyota Tacoma comes into play!
The Orlando Toyota Tacoma is the perfect option for getting out into the woods and away from civilization. It’s renowned worldwide for its durability and tough performance, and its off-roading capabilities are hard to beat! If you like taking things off the pavement, then putting this new Toyota truck in your driveway is an excellent way to go about it. Let’s take a closer look at its off-road abilities and how it can help you get out into nature!
- A powerful 4.0L V6 engine gives you both the torque (266 lb-ft) and horsepower (236 hp) to get you where you need to go, especially if the terrain gets tricky. The 2014 Toyota Tacoma in Orlando has got you covered!
- Four-wheel drive and automatic limited-slip differential help you retain traction and can get you out of soft spots where you start to lose control of your truck (think lots of mud). Active Traction Control helps you grip slippery surfaces with ease!
- Coil-spring double wishbone suspension in the front and leaf spring rear suspension help your new Toyota Tacoma take on uneven surfaces without a problem AND keep you more comfortable over rough terrain!
Get off the pavement in the 2014 Toyota Tacoma!
Plus, don’t forget about the incredible off-road packages that the 2014 Toyota Tacoma in Orlando has to offer. You’ll have access to features like:
- Off-road tuned suspension with Bilstein shocks
- Sport water-resistant seats for easy cleanup
- An engine skid plate for an extra level of protection
- Front tow hooks to get you (or others) out of sticky situations
- A tailgate handle integrated backup camera for an extra set of eyes
- Electronically controlled locking rear differential for better handling
And more! Plus, you’ll have a nice big bed to stretch out in and train your eyes towards the skies!
Make this new Toyota truck yours – stop by our Orlando Toyota dealership today at 3575 Vineland Road to check it out and take it home! We’re located at 3575 Vineland Road, and you can give us a shout at (888) 725-3520 if you want to get more details from our internet sales team on this incredible truck!