It’s finally here, friends! We survived another work week and for that we deserve a couple of incredibly fun days this weekend. However, are you in need of fun weekend activity ideas? You’ve come to the right place, since we want you to have a blast this weekend!
The City of Winter Park is holding its annual art festival this weekend, so if you’re into cultural events, this is the event for you!
Background information on the Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival
When people think of Central Florida, they tend to think about a certain cute mouse and his friends. While those thoughts are completely valid, people tend to forget that Orlando is a hotbed of raw, artistic talent. The Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival truly showcases that talent. Tons of people from across the globe partake in this event, so you know that you’ll only get to see the very best art at this event. Check out what you can expect from this festival!
- About 1,100 people applied to be a part of the art festival this year. However, only a select few were chosen to participate—225 people, to be exact.
- Forty-four states and 2 foreign countries were represented in the application process!
- This year will mark the 55th time this critically-acclaimed festival is being held. The White House and Congress have both praised the festival for encouraging art education here in Central Florida. In March 2013, the festival is also was praised as America’s Best Juried Fine Art Fair by Art Fair Calendar.com readers.
Art festival participants are winners
As you can imagine, all sort of beautiful artworks can be seen during the three-day long event. One of the best things about this festival is that artists are lauded for their masterpieces. Check out what the artists should expect from the event.
- Tons of different kinds of art are judged. Included media are: clay, digital art, fiber, glass, jewelry, leather, metal, photography, and watercolor among others.
- Each year, more than 350,000 art lovers make their way to Winter Park to enjoy this hot art festival, and it seems that number has grown as the years have gone by.
- Over 60 awards totaling in $72,000 will be given this year. The greatest thing about this festival is that any art piece in any medium can win! The greatest accolade, the Best of Show WPSAF Purchase Award, awards the winner $10,000!
Expect live entertainment when you make your way to this event, as well! The event kicked off today but you can make your way over there this weekend, too! The event opens at 9 am on both weekend days, but it closes at 6 pm on Saturday and at 5 pm on Sunday!
Toyota of Orlando is located at 3575 Vineland Road, which is off I-4 by the Millenia Mall. Do you have any questions? We can be contacted at 888-725-3520! We’re open seven days a week, so any day is a great day to come and check out our new Toyota specials!