If you’ve been paying attention to our blog, then you’ve probably seen us reporting on the new Orlando Toyota BMW sports car that should be coming out on the market in the next year or two – some in the automotive industry are saying that it’s the next Toyota Supra, but taken to a whole new level with the innovative technology that both designers are bringing to the equation. We’ve got more news to report – it looks like this new Toyota sports car is getting closer to production with every day that passes!
New Toyota sports car may feature the same RWD, front-engine design as the Scion FR-S
Auto Zeitung, which is a German automotive newspaper that’s based in Cologne, is reporting that it has a few specs about this incredible Toyota and BMW juncture. If what we’re hearing is correct, then this new Toyota in Orlando will definitely have a lot to offer in terms of both performance AND style. Remember the Orlando Toyota FT-1 concept car? Picture that car, and then add on these specified details:
- The new Toyota BMW sports car will be about 20 centimeters shorter than the FT-1 concept (that’s about 8 inches) to make it more road-friendly. (Let’s face it, the FT-1 concept car is pretty awesome, but it’s not exactly conducive to driving in suburban Central Florida.)
- Like the current Orlando Scion FR-S, this new Toyota will sit low to the ground to enhance handling, and it’ll also be made of lightweight materials like carbon fiber aluminum to give it the ability to get from 0-60 in no time.
- Also like the 2014 Scion FR-S, this new sports car will be a rear-wheel drive option with a front-engine and 50-50 weight distribution to take maneuverability up a notch or two.
This Orlando Toyota sports car may come with three engine options and up to 400 horsepower!
We’ve also heard a rumor that you’ll be able to pick up this car in not one but THREE different engine types! Here are the speculative engine options that might be up for grabs:
- 2.0L 4-cylinder with 218 horsepower
- 3.0L V6 with 320 horsepower
- Twin-turbo 3.0L V6 with 400 horsepower (HOLY COW.)
Additionally, some prospective pricepoints were laid out on the table. It’s looking like the Toyota model will cost around $50,000, while the BMW will be a little bit pricier – between $10,000 to $15,000 more. Yup, there will be two different cars – Toyota is basing this project around the project it conducted with Subaru when they released the Orlando Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ. While the design elements are almost identical, there are subtle differences in the two cars and each is unique to its own automotive brand,
We’re also willing to bet that sports car style will be a frontrunner when it comes to things you notice about this new BMW and Toyota sports car, and incredible technology will undoubtedly be woven into the design. We’ll keep you posted as new details come to light!
Want to get your hands on an affordable sports car right now? Why not come down and check out our used Toyota options (keep your eyes open for a Supra!) or take a new Scion FR-S for a spin? Our new Toyota dealership in Central Florida is just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall – give us a shout to get more information!