Orlando Toyota trucks are a pretty impressive bunch. We’ve currently got two options on the lot – the 2014 Toyota Tundra, and the 2014 Toyota Tacoma. Those aren’t the only options you’ll get, however! When you do settle on one of these trucks (and it’s a lot more difficult of a feat than it sounds), you’ll have choices about your engine, transmission, cab size, technology, and more. Customizing your new Toyota truck is easy, and you can definitely tailor it to your very individual needs.
The Orlando Toyota Tundra is about to take power to a whole new level!
One choice that isn’t currently available on either of these Toyota trucks, however, is a diesel engine! There are currently no diesel Toyota options in the US, but we’ve caught wind that this might be about to change – it’s been rumored that the 2016 Toyota Tundra in Orlando will be hosting a brand-new diesel engine!
Here are the rumors surrounding this possible Toyota Tundra upgrade:
- The first diesel model of this popular truck would be available in 2016.
- The 2016 Toyota Tundra in Orlando would most likely showcase a 5.0L V8 diesel engine from Cummins, a renowned designer of engines and power systems!
- If the rumors are correct, this powerful engine should offer around 300 horsepower and 500 lb-ft of torque, making this already powerful truck even more suited to towing and hauling heavy loads.
What are the benefits of a diesel engine in your new Toyota truck?
Would you want to take home an Orlando Toyota Tundra with a diesel engine under the hood? We know we would – a lot of drivers think that diesel options are inefficient and more costly to own, but that’s actually not the case. Let’s take a closer look at the benefits that a diesel power option can bring to your drive time!
- Did you know that diesel-powered vehicles actually get better fuel efficiency than traditional gasoline-powered vehicles? Some diesel engines can boost fuel economy by up to 20%. Don’t be thrown by the higher cost of diesel gasoline – it all evens out in the end. Diesel engines are especially fuel efficient on the highway!
- Diesel engines can actually provide better acceleration and more power than a traditional gasoline engine. If you plan on using your new Toyota truck in Orlando for work purposes, having these qualities on your side is an obvious benefit.
- You’ll also find more towing capabilities up your sleeve if your new Toyota truck is decked out with a diesel! Diesel powered trucks typically have a lot more torque, which means they can tow heavier loads more efficiently.
Additionally, some drivers prefer diesel engines because they feel that they’re more reliable and durable than a traditional gasoline engine. It may just be a personal belief, but who’s to say it’s not true? The best way to decide for yourself is to try it out!
We’ll keep you posted as to when we’re going to see the Toyota Tundra equipped with an incredible diesel engine, but in the meantime, come test drive the existing model! You’ll still find major power and performance on your side in this new Toyota truck… take it for a spin today at 3575 Vineland Road!