The Daytona 500 is coming up, Orlando Toyota fans! We’re pretty excited about the big race as usual, but we’re even more excited this year – it was recently announced that Toyota will be teaming up with the International Speedway Corporation this year on a HUGE project. Get ready to have your race fan experience taken to a whole new level – the DAYTONA Rising project is about to kick off, and you won’t believe what’s headed our way in Central Florida!
New Toyota partnership with Daytona International Speedway announced!
This new Toyota partnership will make them the First Founding Partner of Daytona International Speedway, which is a pretty big deal in itself. Our Orlando Toyota dealership is more excited about the DAYTONA Rising project, however – this incredible new design will make the Speedway a world-class facility with amenities that you won’t find ANYWHERE else. If you’re a race fan, you’re going to love the new additions to this much-loved track! We’ve got the breakdown here at Toyota of Orlando of what you can expect from this new partnership:
- The project will kick off in 2015 and the partnership will last for eleven years, over which some major changes will be made to Daytona International Speedway.
- This new Toyota agreement will result in a 20,000 square foot entry space where fans can hang out and experience the best of the best when it comes to Daytona 500 experiences.
- You’ll also find a new World Center of Racing zone, which will overlook the finish line and be a place to socialize and get an incredible view of the track (supposedly, the area will span over two football fields, so plenty of fans will be able to fit). It’ll also be jam-packed with Daytona International Speedway history and will be open to fans both before and after the races!
- You’ll also be getting your fan experience taken up a notch in terms of food and drink thanks to this new Toyota partnership! Over 10 blocks of new restaurants, bars, and dining areas will be built, as well as a ton of retail stores where you can stock up on Daytona 500 gear. Toyota is also planning to integrate video screens all over the place so you can still keep you eyes on the track at all times!
- To top it all off, this new Toyota partnership will result in Toyota being an official partner of the Daytona 500, which means they get pace car rights (this is the car that keeps things safe on the track – they lead the way and limit the speed if there’s a reason to slow down, like debris on the track or an accident).
Our Orlando Toyota dealership can’t wait for the World Center of Racing!
Our new Toyota dealership in Orlando is incredibly excited to see all of this come to a head, and we can’t wait to head out to the Daytona International Speedway to see it when it gets underway! While none of our vehicles will make it onto the track, you can certainly come take them out for a spin if you’re looking for a new ride – visit Toyota of Orlando at 3575 Vineland Road today!